Issues with ergonomics

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
amundsen

Issues with ergonomics

Post by amundsen »

Hello,

I think the management of the VoiceMeeter Banana windows could be improved.

First, it's difficult to move the main window. There are only a few places where one can grab it and move it. A regular top bar would be the easiest way to achieve this I think.

Second, the "About..." window pops up too easily whenever trying to find a place to where to grab the main window. It's especially annoying as I have paid for the app.

By the way, I do also suggest to label the B1 and B2 channels in the master section with 'VAIO" and "Aux", it would help.

Thank you.
xcasxcursex

Re: Issues with ergonomics

Post by xcasxcursex »

I agree about the title being difficult to grab and move without opening the about box. Fortunately since Potato is wider, there's a big space, but on banana it was super annoying.

I don't like the idea of a fixed title bar though, since that introduces a new ergonomics problem - wasted space. Instead, what would be good is if the about box opens on mouseup, only if the window is not moved. Presently, it opens on mousedown, so if you click to drag, it opens the about box as soon as you press the button, and you can't drag the main window around. Doing it the way I suggested would allow you to click the same area as now, and open the about box, but also click it and drag the window to move it and not open the about box.

I don't much like the idea of naming B1 and B2 as VAIO and Aux, since those names (VAIO and Aux) can be changed in the control panel.
Kilrah

Re: Issues with ergonomics

Post by Kilrah »

+1 for removing the About box popup so that the top bar is pretty much guaranteed to move unless for the obvious buttons.

And I also agree the track names would be much less confusing if they were clear, e.g. "Voicemeeter Virtual In/Out 1-3"