Question about latency and choosing lowest stable on the desire system

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
iurirolho

Question about latency and choosing lowest stable on the desire system

Post by iurirolho »

Recently returned to voicemeeter after around a full year or so without using it due to getting a physical mixer, but I need more lanes for audio so I tough on it but I need a way to reliably get latency low but also stable, so far had luck with asio driving on the a1 bus(FL studio asio driver), should I also consider ks drivers as well and also the asio 4 all driver, my motherboard has issues on WDM the lower latency the worse it gets, but asio and mme are fine but advice on this topic I wonder?
RobBoss

Re: Question about latency and choosing lowest stable on the desire system

Post by RobBoss »

iurirolho wrote:Question about latency and choosing lowest stable on the desire system
What is the desire system? :?:

FL Studio ASIO versus ASIO4all
:arrow:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FL_Studio/comm ... nt/e5ebodh?

Under normal conditions using Voicemeeter then both (FL Studio ASIO and ASIO4all) are obsolete extra audio layers (introducing extra latency) and it is better to connect A1 directly with your audio hardware.

But if WDM (as endpoint for a virtual ASIO driver) is especially unreliable on your system than this is another reason to test different ASIO configurations in detail and compare possible latency and its reliability.

But nobody here has access to your hardware system, so the only person that can find best settings for your system is you.
At the end of the day, if the latency is still too high then you have to consider to buy a real ASIO interface.
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

i probably found the cause of my WDM to be unreliable, i use an app that does not like other apps hooking into that same device but other devices on the mobo seem fine from my testing so far, so far my current setup is stable but i need to try it for a few days to see if i can rely on it
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

also i meant desired system but i committed a typo on writting
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

for now, I will keep testing my current new conditions and figure if it is stable if anything else arises I will probably make a new topic in here if required
RobBoss

Post by RobBoss »

iurirolho wrote:also i meant desired system but i committed a typo on writting
:lol:
I have used Google and typed "Desire Audio System".
A car audio installation service in Palm Springs, California.
Then I typed "Desire System" only.
"The Desire System is a program for guys who want to learn how to make women desire them without needing to take girls out to fancy dates..."
:lol:
iurirolho

Post by iurirolho »

sometimes folks make typos, i tend to do a few from time to time just so you know