plus one, minus one.

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
zBeeble

plus one, minus one.

Post by zBeeble »

Firstly, wow. I mean *WOW*. Given the pricing on misc audio hardware right now, giving me this suite of POWER in software is just the shot in the arm I needed to get with some projects I've been avoiding.

Now that "that" is out of the way, plus one, minus one...

I've looked at all the versions. The closest is Potato... which is what I'm using. It would be so cool if I could add one virtual input, even if I have to axe one hardware input to do this.

... now I'm unsure ATM. Can I achieve this with virtual audio cables? That certainly seems to hold lots of promise --- but I thought that might be more for applications that were not going through the mixer in between stages...
Andres

Re: plus one, minus one.

Post by Andres »

Hi. You can use VB-Audio Virtual Audio Cable to connect an application to any of the hardware inputs in Voicemeeter when there are no virtual inputs available; the Virtual Audio Cable output device should appear in the list of devices to select from in the input.

Voicemeeter Virtual Inputs support ASIO and Windows (WDM, MME, KS) interfaces simultaneously; this allows to connect for example 2 applications (one of them using ASIO, the other using WDM) to the same virtual input. The audio controls apply to both applications.