noise, crackling and pc crashing while using voicemeter

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
NightSovereign

noise, crackling and pc crashing while using voicemeter

Post by NightSovereign »

Hello everyone.

I'm fairly a noob trying to use the voicemeter + good headset + asio driver to have pure sound without any windows procession.

I'm running into a very annoying problem though, of having a low volume static noise, especially audible when my audio is playing on a low volume. In addition to that my pc is crashing from time to time while using voicemeter (everything freezing completely, have to hard reboot).

This noise doesn't appear at all when i'm using my headphones as a main device directly.

While I've been trying to fix this I ran into the issue when all the audio is just turning to crackling until I restart the engine or change the buffer size.

If anyone could help me with this, I would highly appreciate.
Attachments
vm.jpg
vm.jpg (236.36 KiB) Viewed 9173 times
virtual.jpg
virtual.jpg (120.9 KiB) Viewed 9173 times
asus.jpg
asus.jpg (142.17 KiB) Viewed 9173 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: noise, crackling and pc crashing while using voicemeter

Post by Vincent Burel »

your configuration seems to be correct.
you may tweak your ASIO driver to run with 512 sample per buffer for example to see if it changes something.
also it seems you use the virtual insert, you may check that this application is not bringing problem in the stream stability.
NightSovereign

Post by NightSovereign »

Vincent Burel wrote:your configuration seems to be correct.
you may tweak your ASIO driver to run with 512 sample per buffer for example to see if it changes something.
also it seems you use the virtual insert, you may check that this application is not bringing problem in the stream stability.
Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to tweak my asio driver. When i click on ASIO in my VM settings windows, i only see this:

download/file.php?mode=view&id=598&sid= ... bcba52a306

I'm not even sure what is the current setting.
Attachments
asio.jpg
asio.jpg (24.15 KiB) Viewed 9165 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

10 ms does not fit the 1024 sample used in Voicemeeter main stream.

ha ok, i did not see it, but you have defined a Buffering ASIO and maybe the driver does not want this value...
please in voicemeeter settings dialog box, reset buffering ASIO and SR to default (given by the ASIO driver).
NightSovereign

Post by NightSovereign »

so I've switched everything to 48k hz to see if it's gonna make any difference. In this mode voicemeeter is not falling into crackling anymore at least, but all the other issues persist. When I go to the default buffering for asio it makes it 480, which, I would imagine is going to be even less stable, or do I miss something?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, the buffering ASIO and SR must display "default" in voicemeeter system settings dialog box.
NightSovereign

Post by NightSovereign »

it does
Andres

Post by Andres »

NightSovereign wrote:so I've switched everything to 48k hz to see if it's gonna make any difference. In this mode voicemeeter is not falling into crackling anymore at least, but all the other issues persist. When I go to the default buffering for asio it makes it 480, which, I would imagine is going to be even less stable, or do I miss something?
If Latency is set to 10ms in the ASIO Control Panel and the sampling rate is 48kHz, the buffer size reported by Voicemeeter should be approximately 480 samples. I use a 10ms latency setting at 44.1kHz without any apparent problem.

According to the Voicemeeter System Settings window you are patching ASIO input #1 to hardware input 1 and you are also using the virtual insert into hardware input 1. The hardware input 1 is not being routed to the A1 output so you shouldn't hear any level from this input in your headphones. Maybe you could describe a little further your setup in that respect.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

NightSovereign wrote:it does
can you post the screenshot of your system settings dialog box again ?
NightSovereign

Post by NightSovereign »

Vincent Burel wrote:
NightSovereign wrote:it does
can you post the screenshot of your system settings dialog box again ?
Attachments
settings.jpg
settings.jpg (232.84 KiB) Viewed 9101 times