suggesting a new feature!

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
JoqniX

suggesting a new feature!

Post by JoqniX »

hi, i wanted to have more control over my audio devices in voicemeeter. what i mean is this-
A1 - Headphones , A2 - Speakers .

I use virtual cables for routing, for example - i use cable A for spotify , and have A1 and A2 turned on for hardware input (cable A) i wanted a feature where i as a user can have more control over audio being sent! or something like that, meaning - as of now im able to control the volume of the virtual input as a whole in voicemeeter, and also i can control the audio on spotify also , i want a feature where i can control just the spotify audio(cable A) on A1 , and A2 separately. even if i use ear trumpet , i could only adjust the spotify audio on that certain audio device, i hope you do understand what im trying to say!

the reason - this idea came into my mind was , while i was playing a game i usually listen to spotify on my headphones and most of the time i have the audio lowered down in voicemeeter, in order for me to listen to game audio too, and whenever i turn on A2 ( my speakers ) the audio is low as i had it lowered earlier for when i was using my headphones ! if there way a way to control hardware input audio for each outputs separately it would had made life easier :)
Andres

Re: suggesting a new feature!

Post by Andres »

Hi. Voicemeeter and Voicemeeter Banana both are single layer audio mixers (See BUS / Layer specifications). By contrast, Voicemeeter Potato provides multi layer capabilities allowing you to set a different input level for each bus (By using the SEL button in the Master Section). This way you could set up different levels for A1 and A2 busses in the input strip where Spotify is connected.

See this video for an explanation of how it works: https://youtu.be/FGwKS3lCYz0
JoqniX

Post by JoqniX »

@Andres thank you for letting me know this! i do use voicemeeter potato, i never knew of this until today! thanks alot this saves time for me <3
JoqniX

Re: suggesting a new feature! #2

Post by JoqniX »

in voicemeeter potato we get like 5 hardware inputs , so i was wondering of a feature like "pages" where in page 1 i could add 5 of the hardware inputs , then save it and if i press the page 2 tab, i could add the next set of 5 hardware inputs! or something like that. if a user has alot of audio devices they need more control ove,this feature can help them! isn't this a good idea to implement? or an unlimited mixer like the fl studio one xD well unlimited mixer is hard, i guess, so pages feature would work i guess

**Just an Idea**
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

you can save and load preset files...
JoqniX

Post by JoqniX »

yea but most of the times its bugged out! had experienced it in voicemeeter but now im having the same issue with macro buttons, who knows when it would have the same issue with vban too.

whenever i load a config, it doesn't save that loaded state! so each time i boot up my pc , i have to manually load the config ! which sucks tbh! having this issue for macrobuttons now, earlier like on feb or march, i had it with voicemeeter,
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

you mean the last state is not saved ?
when re-start Voicemeeter or MacroButtons, you should automatically retrieve your last settings on reboot...

normally the settings is stored on application close or PC shutdown.
you may first try to close and restart you app to see your settings coming back...
if it is working you may repeat the test with PC shutdown...

if it does not work on PC shutdown, it could mean Microsoft changed something in the shutdown procedure, preventing to store settings on disk...
let me know...