Adjust USB mic gain

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
covertnerd

Adjust USB mic gain

Post by covertnerd »

I'm using a Samson Q2U connect via USB to a laptop running Windows 10. Recording using Voicemeeter banana tape recording option. For some reason I can't adjust the gain on the mic. I want to also record to two separate tracks which I can do but I can't seem to adjust mic gain. See attachment, I have the gain turned down, but doesn't seem to affect the mic volume. Any ideas? Thanks
Attachments
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (78.89 KiB) Viewed 11258 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (78.01 KiB) Viewed 11258 times
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (81.36 KiB) Viewed 11258 times
Andres

Re: Adjust USB mic gain

Post by Andres »

Hi. Since you are using virtual output B1 in Composite mode and you want to control the microphone volume with the hardware input 1 fader, you have to change PATCH COMPOSITE mode to POST-Fader by clicking the text next to the PATCH COMPOSITE section of Voicemeeter System Settings / Options window. The text says “Select PRE-Fader inputs…”. Doing so should change the mode from PRE-Fader to POST-Fader.
covertnerd

Post by covertnerd »

Thanks! Do I need to do anything with the "Patch Insert" section of the Voicemeeter System Settings / Options window?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

PATCH INSERT is only for Virtual ASIO insert driver (whe you connect a DAW or VST Host on Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO insert driver).