Voicemeeter and routing audio to daw?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
midihooker

Voicemeeter and routing audio to daw?

Post by midihooker »

I come this far. All my audio is now running thru my soundcard and out to ableton Live, Voicemeeter first of course.
But having problem wit actually getting sound IN to Ableton from output sources.
can anyone chime in?
Peace from Sweden
Peppe
midihooker

Re: Voicemeeter and routing audio to daw?

Post by midihooker »

win10
uselessoldman

Post by uselessoldman »

why do "some" people claim its a windows 10 problem when almost everything else works without issues - almost if not "all" the time.
midihooker

Post by midihooker »

I still need help with this issue. Routing youtube or another online sound thru Voicemeeter - to DAW (Ableton)
:?:
Is this not possible?
I use an external zoom U-24 soundcard. All my sounds go thru voice meeter.
But can´t choose it as an input in DAW
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. You should be able to select Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO in Ableton Audio Preferences window. Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO device gets audio signal from Bus B1 so you need to route YouTube audio to B1. The Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO device provides up to 8-channels audio to/from your DAW.

Depending on the version of Voicemeeter you are using (Standard, Banana or Potato) there should be 1, 2 o 3 Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO devices:
  • Voicemeeter Virtual ASIO: Voicemeeter Virtual Input: Voicemeeter VAIO - Voicemeeter Virtual Output: B1
  • Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO: Voicemeeter Virtual Input: Voicemeeter AUX - Voicemeeter Virtual Output: B2
  • Voicemeeter VAIO3 Virtual ASIO: Voicemeeter Virtual Input: Voicemeeter VAIO3 - Voicemeeter Virtual Output: B3
This video could be useful although it uses a different DAW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lvSsCg ... e=youtu.be

Hope this helps.