Separate track output?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Shuik1

Separate track output?

Post by Shuik1 »

I'm not very tech savvy so this might be a stupid question, but I use the tape recorder function on Voicemeeter to record multiple microphones and I was wondering if there was a way to make each microphone's output to be recorded to a seperate audio file?
zBeeble

Re: Separate track output?

Post by zBeeble »

For some reason that I don't understand, the option to record more tracks is enabled when you change to post-fader outputs (in the options). Now... it seems you'll have to direct your microphones to the extra channels to make this all happen ... and this is not really how things are meant to happen.

That-said, with potato and virtual cables, you could connect the outputs A1 thru A5 to audacity and have either 5 or 10 channel recording.
Shuik1

Re: Separate track output?

Post by Shuik1 »

zBeeble wrote:For some reason that I don't understand, the option to record more tracks is enabled when you change to post-fader outputs (in the options). Now... it seems you'll have to direct your microphones to the extra channels to make this all happen ... and this is not really how things are meant to happen.

That-said, with potato and virtual cables, you could connect the outputs A1 thru A5 to audacity and have either 5 or 10 channel recording.

How do I do this?