I’m stumped… roboting / audio quality issues before and after buying Focusrite USB audio interface

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
aklferris

I’m stumped… roboting / audio quality issues before and after buying Focusrite USB audio interface

Post by aklferris »

I’ve had nothing but troubles since installing VM Potato. I’ve read through about ½ of the original VM Manual, and ½ of the VM Potato manual, and haven’t found an explanation of what is going on or how to fix it. I’ve also searched social media.

I’ve also done the whole uninstall vb cables and vm potato, each one at a time and rebooting, followed by a one-by-one reinstall.

For the longest time I was getting the static / roboting constantly, and this has recently become more dropping of the audio all together. It happens frequently (sometimes just minutes apart), and I have to keep randomly switching settings and changing back to get the audio to reset. I never seems to be the same change to get the audio working again. I've even tried completely disabling the realtek audio interface built into my pc and using the Focusrite USB interface exclusively.

I’ve been taking notes on settings the last few times I’ve had audio troubles and taken a few screenshots. Let me know how much detail you need to help me out, or where else I should look. Any help is greatly appreciated. I really want to get this working.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: I’m stumped… roboting / audio quality issues before and after buying Focusrite USB audio interface

Post by Vincent Burel »

in case of audio issue, there is only 2x topics to read:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451

and
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=442
aklferris

Re: I’m stumped… roboting / audio quality issues before and after buying Focusrite USB audio interface

Post by aklferris »

@Vincent Burel

I completely reinstalled Windows on my computer, then installed voicemeeter and virtual audio cables. I rebooted between each install. And the problem still persists. Any ideas? my Audio was breaking up while testing on Discord. A friend online confirmed my audio was breaking up. Resetting the audio driver has temporarily fixed the issue... same as before I reinstalled Windows. This is really depressing, since I wiped my computer to try to fix the issue. I have a professional microphone connected to Windows via a Focusrite USB interface.

What else can I try? Would a new sound card help? Like a Sound Blaster?

I've attached a picture of how I have Voicemeeter set up.
aklferris

Post by aklferris »

It looks like this server isn't letting me upload pics. I uploaded one of VM Potato to my server. Here is how it's configured, post-reinstalling windows:

http://files.ke0yrp.com/POST%20WIPING%20WINDOWS.PNG
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. Since you are selecting your Focusrite USB audio interface ASIO driver as A1, it is recommended to use the PATCH ASIO Inputs to strips option in Voicemeeter System Settings window to select the input connected to Hardware Input 1.

VB-Audio's YouTube channel has a video explaining this configuration: https://youtu.be/35N8hkOy8h4 (See timestamps: 01:20, 01:36 and 01:58)

If possible it is useful to post a screenshot of Voicemeeter System Settings window to help you out.

In this forum there are some topics related to Focusrite USB audio interfaces. See this for example: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=484

Hope this helps.
aklferris

Post by aklferris »

Thank you for the reply!

I'll take a look at that video. In the meantime, here is the link to my system settings picture:
http://files.ke0yrp.com/System%20Settings.PNG

Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if using ASIO device as output A1
you must not use it on input with another audio interface
(i see a possible audio device conflict on your hardware input #1).

video tutorial: https://youtu.be/35N8hkOy8h4