Having issue with Hardware out and having to re-select one every day to get all outputs working...

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Hyflex

Having issue with Hardware out and having to re-select one every day to get all outputs working...

Post by Hyflex »

Hi,

I know that a LOT of twitch streamers use "VoiceMeeter" Banana/Potato and they might be able to help me. I've tried to create an account on VoiceMeeters forum but I've been waiting for over two weeks now for an administrator to activate my account so I can't get help on their forum...

I don't use VB for my input (microphone) in any way, I only use it for my output (sound/speakers) to both boost my overall levels of sound and to able to toggle between just headset and speakers easily.

Hardware Out:
  • A1 = Logitech G533 Headset
  • A2 = Left Monitor
  • A3 = Right Monitor
  • A4 = Speakers
Macro - Toggle Speakers On/Off

This macro is bound to the ALT + F13 shortcut which is just a shortcut that I can't accidently trigger because my keyboard's highest F key is F12 and then I can setup a Logitech macro to trigger this hotkey but a G macro key.

It's setup as a "2 positions" button type so it can have an on/off ability.

The request button ON / Trigger IN, is:

Code: Select all

Strip[4].A2 = 1
Strip[4].A3 = 1
Strip[4].A4 = 1
The request button OFF / Trigger OFF, is:

Code: Select all

Strip[4].A2 = 0
Strip[4].A3 = 0
Strip[4].A4 = 0
The problem!

It used to work perfectly every single day, however now for some reason every new day I have to open up VoiceMeeter and re-select a hardware out, I always choose my logitech headset however I think choosing any of them works.

The weird thing is none of the hardware outs appear to be broken because none of them are flashing red... Does anyone know what this issue is and how to fix it?

Thanks
CinciFan82

Re: Having issue with Hardware out and having to re-select one every day to get all outputs working...

Post by CinciFan82 »

I have a question about this as well if you don't mind me asking? When you turn your PC on, are the Ouputs set correctly, then you have to change them to something random and change them back to get them to work? I was literally about to post something about that due to having the same issue on inputs and outputs.
Hyflex

Re: Having issue with Hardware out and having to re-select one every day to get all outputs working...

Post by Hyflex »

CinciFan82 wrote:I have a question about this as well if you don't mind me asking? When you turn your PC on, are the Ouputs set correctly, then you have to change them to something random and change them back to get them to work? I was literally about to post something about that due to having the same issue on inputs and outputs.
The output is set correctly all the time, when it's "broken" I can select Output 1 (my headset, which already works fine) and select itself... and it fixes Output 2, 3 and 4.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

output A1 device is the master one, it means that if this device does not work, audio engine is not started and nothing else will work.
so just may use the "Restart Audio Engine" in Menu.
Hyflex

Post by Hyflex »

Vincent Burel wrote:output A1 device is the master one, it means that if this device does not work, audio engine is not started and nothing else will work.
so just may use the "Restart Audio Engine" in Menu.
Hi Vincent,

The thing is the A1 device is working... I can hear the sound coming out of it, nothing is coming out of A2 and A3 but if I select the A1 device again... it works.

Is there a macro command to restart the audio engine or refresh A1 output?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes.

Command.Restart = 1; // request to restart audio engine
Hyflex

Post by Hyflex »

Hey Vincent!

That helps "fix" my issue... but is there something I can do for you to get you some logs (or let you teamviewer in sometime so that you can see/debug the issue) so it gets a perma fix.

Thanks once again!
Hyflex

Post by Hyflex »

Hi,

Any thoughts Vincent?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

no idea.maybe the device is not read when Voicemeeter start its audio engine...
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

I strongly recommend using a reliable device as output #1, as Vincent mentioned above, it is the master, if it doesn't work, nothing does.... And logitech devices have an entirely unreliable software stack in recent years (I have several myself) and on top of this you're relying on the USB buss to behave correctly at start-up, which is not a solid bet....

I notice you have the left/right monitors as outputs (I assume you mean displays/video monitors. and not audio monitors?) and these are the #1 recommendation I can give for an output device. The timing on the video card sound devices is ROCK solid (at least, on the nvidia cards I've tried). Try setting it up so that the headset is not output #1 and see how you fare.