USB headset disconnecting randomly

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Astnagrath

USB headset disconnecting randomly

Post by Astnagrath »

I have set my Steelseries Wireless H headset as A2 in Voicemeeter Banana. Every time I use it, it disconnects after a random amount of time; it's never the same. I then have to re-set it as A2 and then it works again. The headset doesn't disconnect when I don't use Voicemeeter. Does anybody know what's going on?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: USB headset disconnecting randomly

Post by Vincent Burel »

maybe more a question for your USB device manufacturer
or Microsoft and the way they manage USB devices.
you may check USB power plan option too...
Astnagrath

Post by Astnagrath »

But it's only Voicemeeter that has this problem. It doesn't disconnect with the PC, but I have to set it as A2 again. If I just use the headset on its own, it never drops the sound.

Sorry, English isn't my first language, so it might not be totally clear...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

cannot say more without reproduce the problem in same condition.

we already experienced some USB device disconnecting after some hours (voicemeeter is using device 24/7) but we don't know why, since most of device are working 24/7 without problem...
richalt2

Post by richalt2 »

Such a problem is *trivial to reproduce*: simply unplug the USB device and plug it in again. Then we see Voicemeeter fail to reconnect.
No real hardware mixer panel would work this way. All hardware mixer panels, upon mic unplug and replug, would resume operation exactly the same.
Please fix this. Please submit a request to the development team and provide their response.
Thank you.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, you were talking about random disconnection of USB device ...
But if you unplug your USB device, sure you break the audio stream and you have to RESTART audio engine when you plug your device again.

Windows Audio API did not plan to manage any device disconnection/reconnection, for us it produces no change in our audio stream when disconnecting the device. And when reconnecting the device, the audio stream does not go back again in our process (this is how the system should manage it since it does not notify us).

Generally speaking Device Disconnection Management under Windows is a problem:
this is also a case of freeze if using MME audio interfae as explained in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=430&p=912
Astnagrath

Post by Astnagrath »

The original problem was not about unplugging, it was about random disconnections. I've uninstalled Voicemeeter because this situation was highly annoying while streaming or in a multiplayer FPS. Pity, because the idea is good.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

random disconnection is not usual use case.