Using Zoom G3 ASIO as main out cause Voicemeeter to freeze

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Krom

Using Zoom G3 ASIO as main out cause Voicemeeter to freeze

Post by Krom »

Hi! I'm having trouble using Voicemeeter with my main audio interface (Zoom G3) ASIO driver.
After audio engine is started with this device as the main out, application freezes on almost any action, including closing the application itself.
I've tried to follow the advice from viewtopic.php?f=6&t=894 and set the buffer to be 256..1024, but that didn't help.

This same ASIO driver works well in other applications. And I can use Voicemeteer with both other Zoom G3 drivers and ASIO drivers for other devices (including Zoom H1). Unfortunately those other options don't work for me, because I planned to use Voicemeeter routing capabilities to play guitar with VST effects along with other media, streamed through internal audio.

Are there any logs to check what might go wrong with this particular driver?

BR,
Kirill
Krom

Re: Using Zoom G3 ASIO as main out cause Voicemeeter to freeze

Post by Krom »

Just for the record: I couldn't solve the freeze problem, but I have found out instead, that it is possible to get pretty low latency with WDM drivers, even without the exclusive mode. I set WDM buffer to 288 and this results in good balance between latency and stability across all the audio devices I use.
Krom

Post by Krom »

The testing application (from viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1204) freezes as well, if Zoom G3 ASIO is selected
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

so you might contact Zoom manufacturer to ask why...
Krom

Post by Krom »

It is indeed likely that there's something wrong with Zoom G3 ASIO drivers, but it works with other software which use ASIO (Cubase, POD Farm, Amplitube)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if it does not work with our ASIO-TEST tool, they could reproduce it and found out why quickly.