Audio Noob

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
gamerscircle

Audio Noob

Post by gamerscircle »

For the most part - I have the basics down for VM Potato and the software really does help me out, but there are times that I get lost.

I thought I would perhaps put some links for my setup and pose my question.

GamingPC
GamingPCVBan

StreamingPC
StreamingPCVBan

On the streaming PC , I am using OBS and I have added a audio capture for discord, but I am at a loss on which device I tell OBS to use? Can I get some guidance here please? The other night, I was streaming and someone told me that the people in my discord were much louder than me and I had thought I had this all setup, but either I didn't or a windows update botched it.

Thank you very much for the time and help
Andres

Re: Audio Noob

Post by Andres »

Hi. In the streaming PC, Discord audio enters Input 2 (via VBAN) which is routed to B1 output bus. The B1 output bus is connected to Voicemeeter Output, so this is the device you should select in OBS to capture audio from Discord.
The Input 1 gain slider (Yeti) is set at -5.4dB whereas Input 2 gain slider (Discord) is set at 0dB. This could explain some differences in volume.
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

Thank you very much for the reply... I am going to test this and let you know how it goes. I sure which I used VM a lot more than I do, that way these basic things would be easier to understand.

Edit:
I am assuming I got the correct one? As there is also an AUX output - to test it, I thought I would be able to do a discord test and I would seem the levels in Obs?

Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. It is normal to be confused by audio mixers routing in general.

You selected the correct output. VoiceMeeter Aux Output is connected to the B2 bus and VoiceMeeter VAIO3 Output is connected to bus B3.

Windows allows to change the name of playback and recording devices so if you prefer you could change to something like VoiceMeeter Output B1. See for example this screenshot (using Voicemeeter Banana):
Sound Control Panel Device Name.png
Sound Control Panel Device Name.png (21.9 KiB) Viewed 5949 times
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

That is a helpful tip - thank you, what about the test I mentioned?
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. The test you suggest is correct. In addition to see level in OBS meters you should also see the audio level in Voicemeeter Input 2 and Virtual Output B1 (Streaming PC). Please let us know how it goes.
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

I sure do appreciate the hand holding as I thought I should, but I am not. I am also using another piece of software to mod my voice, I have that on INPUT 3 and I can see those levels..
gamerscircle

Post by gamerscircle »

During the stream today, it would seem that something still isn't working as I was not able to adjust the discord audio. Would it have anything to do with me running discord on my streaming pc? I do that, so that discord sees that I am streaming and mutes the notifications when a message or dm comes across.