Using Remote API to record / pause the tape recorder instead of toggle between "paused" and "active" recording

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
slantalpha

Using Remote API to record / pause the tape recorder instead of toggle between "paused" and "active" recording

Post by slantalpha »

I'm using the Voicemeeter Remote API to automate a few things. I posted in the wrong topic, and I can't move or delete the post unfortunately.

According to the Voicemeeter Remote API manual here: https://download.vb-audio.com/Download_ ... oteAPI.pdf, you can use it to control the integrated audio recorder.

Page 11 lists the command:

recorder.record with a possibility of a 0 (off) or a 1 (on).

It looks like no matter if I use recorder.record=0 or recorder.record=1, Voicemeeter will start recording if it wasn't recording in the beginning, or it will pause recording if it was already recording (not the same thing as stop recording).

Ideally, I'd have separate commands for "start recording" and "pause recording" instead of using the toggle logic. Also, if I do a GetParametersA or GetParametersFloat, the value of recorder.record does not change whether "active recording" or "paused recording" is in effect, so there's no way for the program to tell what state the recorder is in.

I can keep a variable to track the state of the recorder, but the user can always go into the Voicemeeter GUI and hit the recorder record button, which will change the state. I see that IsParametersDirty gets changed to 1 when the recorder record button is hit from the GUI, but I don't actually see the parameter name whose value is getting switched.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Using Remote API to record / pause the tape recorder instead of toggle between "paused" and "active" recording

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, i note your request for next update...
slantalpha

Re: Using Remote API to record / pause the tape recorder instead of toggle between "paused" and "active" recording

Post by slantalpha »

Vincent Burel wrote:ok, i note your request for next update...
Thank you Vincent :)