Possible bug with Macro Buttons and VM Potato when changing channel labels

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
slantalpha

Possible bug with Macro Buttons and VM Potato when changing channel labels

Post by slantalpha »

I'm using Macro Buttons v1.0.3.1 and Voicemeeter Potato v3.0.1.3 to change channel names.

Inside of my Macro Button configuration, strip(x).label refers to hardware input channels 1-3 when x = 0-2. Channel labels get applied correctly.

The issue is when x = 3 and x = 4 (for hardware inputs 4 and 5). Also, I expected x = 5 to reference the Voicemeeter VAIO Input, x = 6 for the Voicemeeter AUX Input, and x = 7 for the Voicemeeter VAIO 3 Input.

To my surprise, x = 3 references the Voicemeeter VAIO Input and x = 4 references the Voicemeeter AUX Input even though I'm running VM Potato. This looks like the mapping for VM Banana:

strip(0) = Hardware Input 1
strip(1) = Hardware Input 2
strip(2) = Hardware Input 3
strip(3) = Voicemeeter VAIO Input
strip(4) = Voicemeeter AUX Input

As we all know, VM Potato has the additional channels Hardware Input 4, Hardware Input 5, and the VAIO 3 Input. In strip(x), what should "x" be to change the channel labels for these additional channels? I tried using strip(5).label, strip(6).label, strip(7).label, but they don't seem to change anything.

On the Voicemeeter Remote API, iVMR.VBVMR_SetParameterStringW("Strip[x].Label"), also seems to have the same bug as Macro Buttons when setting the channel label with VM Potato.

iVMR.VBVMR_GetParameterStringW("Strip[x].Label") seems to return the label for the correct VM Potato channel though.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug with Macro Buttons and VM Potato when changing channel labels

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, this has already been reported... it's corrected in next update (September 2020).
slantalpha

Post by slantalpha »

Hi Vincent, thanks for taking care of this. I can confirm that this has been fixed in VoiceMeeter Potato 3.0.1.4. I am a happy and paid supporter of VoiceMeeter :)
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your follow-up!