ASIO Output Channels

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
kylemccarley

ASIO Output Channels

Post by kylemccarley »

Is there a way to customize which inputs go to which channels on the virtual ASIO devices? Seems like everything goes to 1 and 2 as left and right and the other 6 channels are empty, and it'd be super cool to be able to change that.
Andres

Re: ASIO Output Channels

Post by Andres »

Hi. In Voicemeeter you can select the COMPOSITE mode for virtual outputs (and hardware outputs) to "compose" the 8 output channels from the different input channels.

composite mode.png
composite mode.png (4.96 KiB) Viewed 10012 times
Voicemeeter Banana and Potato provides the PATCH COMPOSITE section in System Settings / Options... windows. You can compose your signal PRE- or POST-Fader

patch composite.PNG
patch composite.PNG (142.31 KiB) Viewed 10027 times
In Voicemeeter Basic patch composite is fixed and only PRE-fader.

For more information see Voicemeeter Banana User Manual, page 19.
kylemccarley

Post by kylemccarley »

Thanks for the answer, my apologies for missing it for so long. I've tinkered with the Patch Composite settings, but I still seem to only get any signal on the 1 and 2 channels of the virtual ASIO device. I'm either not understanding how this is supposed to function, or its function isn't what I'm looking for.

In the below example, say I want to route the 416 to channel 1 on the Voicemeeter VAIO ASIO device, the U87 to channel 2, the Headset to channel 3, the talkback to channel 4, etc. Is that possible?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (108.74 KiB) Viewed 9837 times
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. Try the following settings in PATCH COMPOSITE:
patch_composite.png
patch_composite.png (3.8 KiB) Viewed 9825 times
Since you are sending the four inputs to B1, remember to set B1 output in Composite mode (Master Section). If you want to preserve the fader settings of each input use POST-Fader in PATCH COMPOSITE.
kylemccarley

Post by kylemccarley »

I'm still missing something... what's the "Master Section"? I don't know what "set B1 output in Composite mode" means.
kylemccarley

Post by kylemccarley »

OH! Got it. Thank you so much!
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (22.52 KiB) Viewed 9825 times