Macro Button Question

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
DarthLeahcim

Macro Button Question

Post by DarthLeahcim »

Is it possible to set the state of a Macro button based on the position of a fader?

I am using an Akai APC Mini to control VoiceMeeter Potato. The only problem is there is no physical feedback to where 0dB is located. I'd like to turn on a light using the Midi I/O whenever the fader goes above 0dB however I can not find any way to do this.

An alternative option is using the Trigger setting in the Macro Button configuration but this is only Pre-Fader. Is there a way to change this to Post?

Either option would work though I would love to be able to use the Trigger separately as a "Clip Indicator Light." Any help would be appreciated.
sjc-or

Re: Macro Button Question

Post by sjc-or »

Did you try sending MIDI note on to your out1 port and the velocity for the color of the light you want (assuming you APC-MINI is defined as this port)?
DarthLeahcim

Post by DarthLeahcim »

I've got the board and lights working for various functions in Voicemeeter. The problem is I can only change the state of a light when either a button is pressed or the pre-fader input trigger is hit. I can't find any other way to change the state of a light. I also can't use another program such as AHK because it seems only one program at a time can have access to the Midi stream for the device.
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

Yes I use AHK with vmr remote script integration instead of the Voicmeeter mapping buttons. I also can merge MIDI ports using Bome MIDI Translator Pro. it requires a bit of time to set it up to work though and I haven't done fader feedback as of yet. I still use the Macro buttons too since I uses Bome as a merge function I can use both.

I set the matrix of the APC-MIN to A1-A5 B1-B3 on all input tracks and then the faders. I set up some buttons so that I can control the Mute, Solo and Mono (Rec Arm) using the APC-MIN side buttons. I use the button above the shift key to toggle the faders for the output. I haven't done anything else with output yet, however. It requires 3 scripts and MT Pro project to run the system

One script is the main script that has an include for the controller MIDI definition. The other included script is the VMR Remote wrapper I found on github.

Still a work in progress though. I hadn't considered doing anything with fader level indicators since I'm using all of the LED's for other functions.