Google Meet: some people are not heard

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Krom

Google Meet: some people are not heard

Post by Krom »

When I use Voicemeeter with Google Meet, I can't hear some of the participants. There seem to be no pattern in this and rejoining the meeting may or may not change who is not being heard.
This sounds absolutely weird, but apparently it's not "binary" under that hood in terms of audio streams.
My headset is Jabra Evolve 40 MS Stereo. I am trying to use Voicemeeter for voice enhancement.
Krom

Re: Google Meet: some people are not heard

Post by Krom »

One idea I head that there might be more than one audio channel used in Google Meet, so I've tried mixdown and mono modes for the outputs, but this didn't help
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may watch this video (replacing zoom by google meet) talking about all what you need to know to connect a VOIP app to Voicemeeter Banana:
https://youtu.be/nIpt3jF0Nds
Krom

Post by Krom »

Vincent Burel wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:30 am you may watch this video (replacing zoom by google meet) talking about all what you need to know to connect a VOIP app to Voicemeeter Banana:
https://youtu.be/nIpt3jF0Nds
Hello Vincent,

The problem is more complicated than "how to set up Voicemeeter for a VOIP app". I've already done this and it works, but incorrectly.
For example there are me and several other participants in the conference. If I don't use Voicemeeter, I hear all of them, but if I use Voicemeeter, I don't hear SOME of the other participants at all (often 1 or 2 people), but others I hear without any problem. Others hear each other well and meeting recording has other participants talking recorded as well.