B1 and B2 not connected to virtual recording devices

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
sjc-or

Re: B1 and B2 not connected to virtual recording devices

Post by sjc-or »

OK, Windows reports DIscord as B1 (The default) and DIscord reports it as B2 (Aux). Maybe make sure everything matches in both screens.
Kitsone

Post by Kitsone »

Same results
Attachments
Windows-Mixer2.png
Windows-Mixer2.png (45.28 KiB) Viewed 4936 times
sjc-or

Post by sjc-or »

OK so DIscord says you are using Voicemeeter Aux (which is B2). And WIndows says you are using Voicemeeter (which is B1). At least for recording.

Maybe that is the issue. You should pick one or the other and make sure they match in both Windows and Discord. If that doesn't work check your buffer sizes (making them larger if necessary).

Other than that, I would just try de-installing and reinstalling Voicemeeter.
Kitsone

Post by Kitsone »

Solved: Windows 10 settings>privacy>app permissions>microphone was defaulting to not allow app access to the "microphone"- which includes the virtual B1 and B2. I'm guessing this was an anomaly of Win10's permissions when no real microphone is installed as I haven't had to manually set this microphone privacy on systems with a real microphone before.
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

Kitsone wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:49 pm I'm guessing this was an anomaly of Win10's permissions when no real microphone is installed as I haven't had to manually set this microphone privacy on systems with a real microphone before.
Nope, that's totally normal default for all systems since a couple of years back when they added the app permissions.
sjc-or wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 am You should pick one or the other and make sure they match in both Windows and Discord
Discord is weird with this.

It will use your global default audio devices for the startup sounds
It will use the assigned devices in windows control panel, only after that (broken, it should do this from the start) for notifications, media played in chat (eg embedded youtube video), etc
It uses the devices in the discord UI for chat only

Why they couldn't just use default device/default communications device, is just another discord audio mystery.