Issue when screen goes to sleep

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
npudar

Issue when screen goes to sleep

Post by npudar »

I have a large ultrawide Dell monitor, and I use its speakers. I have those speakers set as my A1 Hardware output in Voicemeeter Potato.
When the monitor goes to sleep, Voicemeeter loses knowledge of it, and then ends up preventing my computer from going to sleep. In addition, Voicemeeter then consumes high power, and CPU cycles, and my computer is very hot and the fan is running at full tilt in the morning.

Any suggestions (besides stopping using the monitor's speakers)?
Thanks,
Nick
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Issue when screen goes to sleep

Post by Vincent Burel »

well, i don't understand because Vociemeeter is epected to stop audio engine in Sleep mode...
do you have the latest version installed ?
npudar

Post by npudar »

I do have the latest version (3.0.1.4)
Upon some additional investigation, the "no sleep" is being caused by a process: MoUsoCoreWorker.exe which is an issue with Windows Updater.
However, VoiceMeeter Potato is still running at full tilt in the mornings, and very high power consumption, even though there are no audio-based applications running.

Today, I received a new Soundbar Speaker to use instead of my monitor speakers. I'll report back with new behaviors, if any.

(For those interested in the Windows Updater issue, you can check on it by running Command Prompt in Admin mode, and run the command "powercfg -requests".
If MoUsoCoreWorker.exe shows as active in your EXECUTION section, then this issue is present.
To close the process, from the Start menu, run the Services App, scroll down to "Windows Update" and then click on "restart".
You can confirm that the process has closed by re-running the powercfg command from earlier.
Now the pc will be able to go to sleep. However, in my case, Windows keeps restarting the process at an unknown interval, and the process hangs up again.)
vyressi

Post by vyressi »

When a displayport monitor goes to standby, it unmounts all of its connected hardware as though you were disconnecting it from a USB port. Since voicemeeter uses a1 for its clock signal, I've found that setting the A1 for a device that doesn't disconnect, like the motherboard audio connector, and have the displayport monitor's audio jack on A2
npudar

Post by npudar »

@vyressi,
That makes a lot of sense. Ever since I have begun using the new soundbar speaker, I have not been having the issue.
Thanks!
Nick