My first post

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
PeterLinu

My first post

Post by PeterLinu »

Hiyall,
I am no stranger to broadcast technology however if I'm correct Voicemeeter may solve several problems that have caused me to need extra software and hardware. I would appreciate your candour so I don't need to spend time learning a program that wouldn't ultimately be suitable.
My two questions that will determine whether I spend a lot of time learning new software are;
1. Can I save the stereo master to a desktop file that will be emailed to the station?
2. The basic Voicemeeter looks adequate however the Banana would enable future ideas. Other than extra faders are there other features that would tempt me?
PeterLinu
Andres

Re: My first post

Post by Andres »

Hi. Some general comments:
PeterLinu wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:03 am 1. Can I save the stereo master to a desktop file that will be emailed to the station?
Voicemeeter Banana or Potato includes an integrated recorder that lets you save in different formats. You always can record Voicemeeter's output using an external program.
2. The basic Voicemeeter looks adequate however the Banana would enable future ideas. Other than extra faders are there other features that would tempt me?
  • Full parametric EQ on every bus.
  • Better control on compression / gate
  • Integrated limiter and peak remover
  • Virtual Insert Input/Output using ASIO
  • A1, A2 and A3 are independent busses. In Voicemeeter Standard A1 and A2 are tied to the same bus A.
  • Voicemeeter Standard is limited to 16-bit bit depth/resolution