Few questions

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
JAXi

Few questions

Post by JAXi »

First of all. How to make virtual surround to work? Enable which settings and enable the virtual sound on what device (VAIO, headphones, or the devices that playback it cables AB).

Second one. Why does the WDM & ASIO modes completely skip all the settings in voicemeeter? Mixing modes for an example. Can't up-mix or down-mix anything.

Third one. Why does Realtek Audio ASIO crash the whole voicemeeter potato software

Fourth one. How can I make a macro that disables audio output? I already figured out how to switch devices, but what's the command for no device at all? Also why doesn't macro buttons recognize nvidia tv/monitor output in command (simple enable script found from this forum).

Fifth one. Is there any downsides for compressing all sound by 1:1? Or what about limiting with 0 (instead of +12)

Sixth one. Is there a ton of latency if using Hi-Fi cable input as my PC audio output and set that through voicemeeter to go to VAIO output that plays itself back through itself and to my speakers.

Seventh one. Does ASIO & WDM really matter if stuff don't work with em

I can upload few pics after getting someone to see this. Don't want to do all that for nothing & sorry if I'm a bit confusing. Love y'all ☕💋
Andres

Re: Few questions

Post by Andres »

Hi. Some general comments:
  1. Are you referring to use a multichannel output device with a stereo source? For example to use a 2.1 (Left, Right and LFE) device with a stereo input choosing the Up Mix 2.1 routing option?
  2. It should work. I play 5.1 content through Voicemeeter VAIO virtual input that is routed to a stereo headset (using WDM) and I can hear the 6 channels using Mix Down routing options. I can also Up Mix from a stereo source to the 5.1 audio solution integrated in the mainboard of the PC using WDM. ¿Could you please elaborate this issue?
  3. It could be a problem within the Realtek ASIO driver. I have tried to use the Realtek HD audio codec in my PC but it works for some minutes before it crashes Voicemeeter. I have increased the buffer size to the maximum (20s) with no success. Voicemeeter works flawlessly with other manufacturers ASIO drivers.
  4. I don't use Macro Buttons application
  5. I don't have knowledge about compression or limiters.
  6. Could you please describe what are you trying to do?
  7. ASIO is used extensively in Windows (Audio production for example) so it is a critical component of Voicemeeter. Maybe we could try to solve the issues you are experiencing.