Multiple output only works with some devices / crashes in fullscreen

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Murge030

Multiple output only works with some devices / crashes in fullscreen

Post by Murge030 »

Hey there,

I searched this forum and other websites for a while now, but couldn´t find anything about the problem I have. Sorry if I missed something, feel free to redirect me :)

I have been using Voicemeeter for a while now to split my audiooutput to my headset (usb) and my tv (hdmi) at the same time. Thats all I want to do. No multiple inputs, no recording, no streaming etc. Just make stereosound come out of my headset and my tv at the same time.
Voicemeeter worked fine for a while, I just set up the two outputs, chose it as my standarddevice and it did what I expected.
Then pretty much out of nowhere, one day the audio on the TV would just crash as soon as I turn some games into fullscreen (headset still working).

After trying out some things I realized that
1.) the problem only occurs on certain games, some other games seem to work fine
2.) the problem only occurs with my tv, when i use my headset and some other external speakers (also usb) it works with every game.

So I´m pretty confused at this point, especially because it worked perfectly fine for months and then just stopped working for no obvious reason. I reinstalled everything, I did NOT change any settings within voicemeeter (felt like I don´t have to for what I want to do), and now I have no more ideas.

Does anybody have a suggestion what else I could try? I feel like what I want to do is acutally pretty simple compared to what else this programm has to offer, but maybe I am missing something crucial.
Andres

Re: Multiple output only works with some devices / crashes in fullscreen

Post by Andres »

Hi. I will try to replicate your setup to see if I can reproduce your issue. What is the main device? (The device selected as A1 output). Are you using Voicemeeter Basic or Banana? Are you choosing WDM or MME? What kind of graphics card are you using? Just to document this issue (Discrete or Integrated; AMD, Intel or nVidia)
Does the audio returns to the TV if you Restart Audio Engine in Voicemeeter menu?
I would start by checking the HDMI audio driver to see if it changed recently (for example a Windows Update or a graphics card driver update)
Murge030

Post by Murge030 »

Hi,
I use the basic version of voicemeeter. GPU is the Nvidia MX150 (I'm on a laptop btw).
The maindevice is my headset (Lioncast LX50 USB), the second device is a 10 year old Samsung TV (not connected to internet, so no recent firmwareupdates there). I also tried to switch the two and set up the TV as A1 and the headset as A2, that didnt help. In fact when I do that, I dont get any sound at all.
I first set up both devices as WDM and that was the setting that worked for a while, after the issues startet I tried switching to MME, but that didnt change anything.
The audio comes back on both devices when I restart the engine in Voicemeeter, but only until I turn on fullscreen for the next time. As soon as I do that, the TV turns silent instantly.
I also just doublechecked all my drivers. There have been multiple driverupdates from nvidia since I first got this problem (didnt mind it for a while because i didnt have too much time for gaming). I just reinstalled the newest version with a clean install, but that also didnt change anything with voicemeeter.

Thank you for the response so far, any other ideas maybe...? :)

Update: I just manually deinstalled and reinstalled the realtek hd audio drivers, because they were the only ones on my system that got a recent update in march 2020, that might be somewhere around the time I first noticed the problem I have. Still the same problem though, no audio from the TV as soon as I go to fullscreen.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

when your audio stop working correct, from a day to another, it usually due to a WIN10 update as explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=442

in this case we recommend to re-install audio driver step by step as explained in the message #2 o this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451
Murge030

Post by Murge030 »

I did reinstall the drivers before as described in the post, did it again today and made shure to stick to the instructions (unplugged all devices, rebooted after every step etc). Still the same...
Could it help to change any kind of setting within voicemeeter? The options you have are kind of overwhelming for me so I don't really know where to start.