License challenge code issues

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Kilrah

License challenge code issues

Post by Kilrah »

What is determining a challenge code change in Potato?

I have purchased a Potato license for my 2nd computer 10 days ago and registered just fine. But a few days later Potato prompted me for registration again, showing a different challenge code. I left it as is a couple of days because I had other stuff to deal with, but the nags were a real pain so I then had a look and found I could request one new code in my account, I did so, all good.

Now today it did the same again, fortunately prompting with the original code that I still had the response for in my order emails, I've now written down both pairs just in case.

The internal hardware hasn't changed, all I do is connect various sets of external peripherals (many different external storage devices, and as the PC is an SFF build I use when travelling it gets connected to different monitors/mice/keyboards/audio devices very frequently).

Is it going to do that again, and with yet another challenge code I won't be able to get a new response for since I've now used my only reactivation?
Andres

Re: License challenge code issues

Post by Andres »

Hi. There is a topic on this forum where the author provides some instructions about activation. It could be useful in your case: viewtopic.php?p=2863
Kilrah

Re: License challenge code issues

Post by Kilrah »

OK, was on 3.0.1.3, upgraded to 3.0.1.4 and will see how it goes. There being no "new version available" notification is another gripe...