Voicemeeter Potato + Adobe Connect

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
joshsstuff

Voicemeeter Potato + Adobe Connect

Post by joshsstuff »

I have NEVER been successful with hearing audio from Adobe's virtual meeting software Adobe Connect.

The 'Work around' = close VM-Potato
The only work-around I have been able to use is to shut off Voicemeeter Potato before starting a virtual meeting on Adobe Connect for Windows 10.
The problem with this "work around" is that if a video starts playing on Adobe Connect it's too late to shut down Voicemeeter.
It's required to initiate you PC audio *before* An audio/ video file starts, or else it's too late to resume audio after closing Voicemeeter.
(this means if a video has started playing, and I'm currently running VM- Potato I must *shut down Adobe Connect* and then close VM- Potato and then rejoin the meeting.)

Voicemeeter has worked with every Windows program and browser based sound source I've tried it with. It seem there is a reason that Adobe will not pass audio through it

Hardware/ Software configuration:
I'm running powerful hardware:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X on an ASRock X470 Taichi motherboard
32GB Ram/ Intel 660p NVME SSD

What I've tried
I've tried every available audio input/output connected to my PC and NONE works with Adobe Connect including:
- Integrated Realtek audio
- Soundblaster audigy sound card
- focusrite scarlett 2i2

I've tried every available virtual bus and every hardware input/ output - none of the VU meters will move ever.
I've tried every possible Windows sound settings.
- I've changed the Adobe Connect source settings in Windows sound configuration to every possible setting.

I must choose between Voicemeeter and Adobe Connect
I Love VM-Potato and it would be extremely useful in Adobe Connect virtual meetings, however currently I must shut down Voicemeeter before I start my meetings in Adobe Connect.

Please let me know if there is additional steps that I have missed in getting VM to work OR if it's known that they are not compatible.
Thank You!
Andres

Re: Voicemeeter Potato + Adobe Connect

Post by Andres »

Hi. If you select the Speaker/Microphone Setup menu option and then try to Test Speakers using the play button you should see a progress bar and it should send audio to the selected playback device.
The Adobe Connect app should also allow you to select the desired speaker; if you are using the browser it uses the Windows default playback device.
Adobe Connect app Select Speaker.png
Adobe Connect app Select Speaker.png (68.28 KiB) Viewed 1710 times
Are you currently using the Adobe Connect app or the browser?