Have some crackling and popping issues

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
BkS

Re: Have some crackling and popping issues

Post by BkS »

Not sure if the OP is still around, however, I also experience this issue despite having the interface setup as optimally as possible, I still get the crackling/popping issues, this is inherent due to the nature of the Focusrite ASIO driver which goes out of sync with Voicemeteer's own ASIO driver.

The best fix I've found so far is setting the 2i2 (3rd gen) to 48kHz sample rate, and 96 buffer size for DAW usage, otherwise 192 buffer size will work. You can see how these provide minimal errors on the callback timing with the ASIO tool below.

Any other buffer sizes outside of these two I have found just don't work. Maybe Vincent or someone else can recommend some USB interfaces that don't have this issue.
deama

Re: Have some crackling and popping issues

Post by deama »

BkS wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:57 am Not sure if the OP is still around, however, I also experience this issue despite having the interface setup as optimally as possible, I still get the crackling/popping issues, this is inherent due to the nature of the Focusrite ASIO driver which goes out of sync with Voicemeteer's own ASIO driver.

The best fix I've found so far is setting the 2i2 (3rd gen) to 48kHz sample rate, and 96 buffer size for DAW usage, otherwise 192 buffer size will work. You can see how these provide minimal errors on the callback timing with the ASIO tool below.

Any other buffer sizes outside of these two I have found just don't work. Maybe Vincent or someone else can recommend some USB interfaces that don't have this issue.
I tried those settings out and it seems to work perfectly on voicemeter, still get some audio problems, but it's almost manageable.
I can't run it at smp 756, however smp 1536 works fine, in games and in browser.
On audacity, using MME as the host device, I get 24-52ms compared to 72-97ms with just the focusrite. Not sure why it fluctuates that much, but I can't hear any audio artifacts as far as I can tell, I'll keep using this and will comment later on how it feels and sounds.
Ok so doing testing on actual games, it seems like there isn't much of a difference, on devil may cry 5 I get a difference of 5-20ms, but on csgo voicemeter actually performs worse by about 5ms.

I tried running the asio test with those values and I don't get any errors on my side: