Mapping 7.1 to 3x stereo sound bars

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
GamerBadger82

Mapping 7.1 to 3x stereo sound bars

Post by GamerBadger82 »

The Goal:

Code: Select all

-----------------------------------------
                |  Screen 1  |  Screen 2  |   Screen 3  |
                -----------------------------------------
3x Stereo       |  Left Bar  | Centre Bar |   Right Bar |
  |             |   L    R   |  L     R   |    L    R   |
  |        off      ^    ^      ^     ^        ^    ^     off  off
  |         ^       |    |      |_____|        |    |      ^    ^
  |         |       |    |         |           |    |      |    |
 7.1        RL      SL   L         C           R    SR     RR  SUB

Hi All,

I have 3x screens, each with a USB stereo soundbar underneath, I'd like to utilise all of them in games (and other media that support it).
I've attempted to set this up several times over the last few years and always failed.
So I thought it was time to ask other users (and people who know the capabilities of the software much better than I):

Is this something the software can do?
Take a 7.1 configured voiceMeter Input (with the SUB and Rear disabled) and output it to 3x stereo devices.

I get as far as this:
Input
* VoiceMeter Input = 7.1

output
* A1 = Left Bar
* A2 = Centre Bar
* A3 = Right Bar

Then I struggle to map the channels, I've tried using the EQ and can get to mapping some of it but never all.
I'm starting to think this is something outside the design for VoiceMeter but also too complex for Virtual Audio Cable.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Alex
Andres

Re: Mapping 7.1 to 3x stereo sound bars

Post by Andres »

Hi. I am not sure if there is a way to do that using only Voicemeeter. Since you are planning to use this setup with games, latency should be minimal and this alternative could increase it:
  • This requires at least Voicemeeter Banana; A1 Hardware Output will be used for SL and L. A2: Center and A3: R and SR
  • Install Hi-Fi Cable. It adds a Virtual Audio playback device called Hi-Fi Cable Input. Reboot your computer after installing it. Warning: Installing a new audio device can change your previously selected default playback device.
  • Go to Windows Sound control panel - Playback tab. Right click on Hi-Fi Cable Input and select Configure Speakers. Choose the 7.1 option.
  • Open ASIO Bridge: It is located under the VB-Audio programs folder. Just go to Start and type ASIO Bridge
  • Click on Select A.S.I.O. Device and select Voicemeeter AUX Virtual ASIO. This corresponds to the Voicemeeter AUX virtual input.
  • Route the required 5 input channels to your desired location. See this for reference:
    ASIO Bridge Input Routing.png
    ASIO Bridge Input Routing.png (194.82 KiB) Viewed 2570 times
  • [In Voicemeeter] Route the Voicemeeter AUX virtual input using the ►A1, ►A2 and ►A3 buttons
  • [In Voicemeeter] Change the routing mode of A2 to Center only and A3 to Rear only
    Voicemeeter Master Section.png
    Voicemeeter Master Section.png (120.47 KiB) Viewed 2570 times
Some PCs include four 3.5mm stereo jacks on the back panel to handle 7.1 audio. If your soundbar supports analog audio connection you can also try to use them.
GamerBadger82

Re: Mapping 7.1 to 3x stereo sound bars

Post by GamerBadger82 »

Hi Andres,

The ASIO Bridge output only has 2 channels and only the inputs directed to 1 & 2 pass sound through.

Do I need 3 ASIO Bridges or a way to configure the output device to handle 8 channels?

Thank you

Alex