More Virtual Inputs on Potato?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
templeowls

More Virtual Inputs on Potato?

Post by templeowls »

Is it possible to add more virtual inputs? I need two for OBS but currently I have elgato sound capture on one virtual input and discord on another, leaving me with only one left. I ask because I stream with my buddy locally so I need one with just his game audio with both our voices and another with my game audio and our voices
Andres

Re: More Virtual Inputs on Potato?

Post by Andres »

Hi. Have you considered to use VBAN (VB-Audio Network)? It allows you to send/receive audio to/from another computer through your network connection (wired preferably). It provides a lot of flexibility and advantages.

If you do not want to use VBAN and depending on the physical location it is even possible to connect the two PCs using audio cables (physical) from a Line Output (typically uses green 3.5mm connector) to a Line Input (typically blue)

Could you please describe a little further your setup. Maybe share a screenshot of Voicemeeter Potato?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

typically you may use one of our VB-CABLE to use an hardware input as virtual input.
templeowls

Post by templeowls »

Hi so I stream with my buddy using one streaming computer. We play on separate Xboxs. I ask this question because one of the virtual inputs is for capturing audio from my elgato hd60pro and another is for discord. That leaves one remaining. I want two more because i need two to feed into OBS. One with both our voices and one of our gameplays, and one with the other gameplay. A workaround is just using one virtual input and switching the gameplay coming thru via Voicemeeter, but that's prone to user error (forgetting to change it each time)
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. Since you are using a single PC and based on this response:
Vincent Burel wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:02 am typically you may use one of our VB-CABLE to use an hardware input as virtual input.
You can download VB-Cable and install on your streaming PC.

Please let us know if you need further assistance with your setup.
templeowls

Post by templeowls »

Okay. I'm using an Elgato HD60s (as a hardware input) and a Elgato HD60 Pro (as a virtual input). Any idea how to precisely convert the Pro to a hardware input? Right now, I set my speakers on Windows to Elgato Sound Capture and that's how the virtual input is capturing the Elgato Pro's sound.

The Elgato HD60S is much simpler. It's just listed as "Game Capture HD60 S Audio" when I select a hardware input. It'd be perfect to get the HD60 Pro to do the same thing.

Greatly appreciate any advice