Virtual I/O 1 N/A

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
MartyATS

Virtual I/O 1 N/A

Post by MartyATS »

Banana and Potato are causing weird issues on one of my PC's. I've tried uninstalling /reinstalling with power-down before, after, and in between. I've verified sampling rate /bit depth matching on all VB, Windows Sound, and application inputs and outputs. Advanced Sound Device Preferences are all set to Default.

Symptom One is that Virtual I/O's 2&3 will pass audio with applications just fine, but VAIO 1 will not pass audio in either direction except for occasional bursts. That seems like a sample rate mismatch, but all inputs and buses are set the same. All VAIO buffers are set to 7168 with 48kHz SR. With Windows Sound Output defaulted to VIAO 1 we hear nothing (occasional bursts). If I change it to VAIO Aux or VAIO 3 Input It works perfectly.

Symptom Two is that when I boot the PC, the USB mouse buttons don't work until I pull and then reconnect it. I can move the cursor, I just cannot right or left click on anything. When I uninstall Banana or Potato and reboot it works normally.
Andres

Re: Virtual I/O 1 N/A

Post by Andres »

Hi. You can uninstall / re-install Voicemeeter Potato and check again (after uninstalling it is recommended to check if there are not audio drivers remaining in your system as explained in this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=688)

You can explore a little further this issue using Virtual IO Control Panel (Located into Voicemeeter Program Folder) and checking if something is not working properly. For example you can check the Statistics section (Push or Pull loss counters) while trying to pass audio through the VAIO. These counters should remain static when playing/capturing is working properly.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you need further assistance.
MartyATS

Post by MartyATS »

Hi,
I did the uninstall and verified that all VB drivers were removed in the device manager (they were).
I rebooted and did a reinstall of VM & VAC, and rebooted again.

The mouse buttons didn't work on bootup (they did after the uninstall bootup), and pulling the USB cable for a minute and reinserting brought it back.
Potato's VAIO input 1 and bus B1 still did not work.
The VAIO control panel showed lots of push & pull loss. I increased the max latency from 512 to 7168 and rebooted. (Aux VAIO ML was at 7168)

Now VAIO 1 & B1 does work with very low push loss.

HOWEVER- The mouse buttons didn't work upon bootup, and this time it took MANY attempts over more than 15 minutes of reconnect attempts before it came back online. I tried different USB ports and different internal hubs (front, back, USB2, USB3). I suppose there is a conflict, how would we diagnose it?

Thank you
MartyATS

Post by MartyATS »

The Mouse button problem persists. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Ever since installing Banana /Potato on two of my Windows 10 machines, which are different makes /models /years /windows builds, the mouse buttons do not work when rebooting.

Sometimes I can wait for the boot to fully finish, other times I have to pull the mouse's USB plug and reinsert it several times.
It is a huge annoyance and one I've asked about since January.

If I uninstall the program, the mouse buttons work normally. When I reinstall it, the symptom returns.
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

I've never heard of anyone with this issue.

If voicemeeter is installed, but not running, do you still have this problem? (As in, you do not set VM to start on boot with windows, you reboot, everything works?) I wonder if the issue is something along the lines of; the load on your USB buss, caused by voicemeeter running and generating audio via the USB audio interface, is causing the mouse to fail.

I do wonder if the mouse is even failing though. Have you confirmed that the problem is that the mouse buttons aren't working, by actuating those UI buttons by keyboard? (eg press tab to move the cursor to the appropriate input and then press space to click it). I have seen people report a faulty mouse when in fact the entire UI was locked up - and it's incredibly unlikely for buttons to fail but not movement, they're handled the same way for the most part - although your PC is clearly malfunctioning so nothing would surprise me.

Have you tried a fresh, unmodified installation of windows with voicemeeter on it? That pretty much always works.... Actually it just always works. I know it's annoying to do and takes some time but... Well, if you've had a problem since January this way is gonna be faster ;)

Also, there's a limited amount of help I can really give here, we don't want the VM forums to get cluttered up with every VM user's random tech support issues which are mostly unrelated to VM..... And probably the most important thing here is to not get distracted by the fact that you can make the problem go away by removing voicemeeter, and start thinking this is a VM problem. It's almost certainly not. There's no way that any application is able to cause hardware to fail on a working system. If you focus on VM here, you're going to be looking in the wrong direction and it will impede your path to a working system. Do recognise that VM can act as a trigger for the problem, but do not make the mistake of assuming the trigger is the root cause.