Latency - strange one!

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
BIMMstudent

Latency - strange one!

Post by BIMMstudent »

I am using VM Banana to feed OBS. My 3 drum mics go through a USB interface (M-Audio 192-14) and I also feed a backing track through the interface. When I record in OBS my drumming audio is out of sync with the backing track - that is the audio is out of sync, not the video and audio (which is also out of sync but that's another matter!). When I play I am monitoring my headphones directly on the M-audio, so the backing track and drum mics have the same signal path and processing - so how do they get out of time?

When I record directly into a DAW (Reaper) everything is fine. The DAW uses the M-Audio ASIO driver but I can't use this for VM as I think the M-Audio driver is 64bit and VM is 32bit so I am using KS drivers as they are the only ones that work (WDM is distorted). I attach a screenshot of my VM settings and you will see I have dropped the buffers to 256 and turned on Swift (neither has had any effect). Apart from that, the sound in OSR is also rather muddy. Any suggestions gratefully received!
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-01-02 193048.png
Screenshot 2021-01-02 193048.png (99.58 KiB) Viewed 1952 times
xcasxcursex

Re: Latency - strange one!

Post by xcasxcursex »

There is a 64bit version of the VM software installed, if you'd like to try that. There's no shortcut yet, I don't think it's fully official, but it is there. Same place as the 32bit version, but it is Voicemeeter8x64.exe rather than the usual Voicemeeter8.exe.

I've been using it exclusively since it appeared and never had a single issue with it.... I wish you the same ;)