Voicemeeter potato freezes while minecraft loading

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
marekvac

Voicemeeter potato freezes while minecraft loading

Post by marekvac »

Hi,

I'm using voicemeeter potato, it's probably the most important program on my pc, I can't imagine windows without it.

For about 6 months, I have problem with voicemeeter "performance". When I launch minecraft, while minecraft loading, the voicemeeter window freezes, the sound working, but I can't control anything, also can't control voicemeeter via midi console which I have setup for voicemeeter.

The minecraft I'm talking about, is not the base game, I'm talking about minecraft with mods, which have serious affect for performace and loading 5 minutes+.

A month ago, I upgraded my CPU, but the problem is stil happening.
- Old CPU: Intel Xeon W3550 (4 Cores, 8 Threads, 3.06GHz)
- New CPU: Intel Xeon X5680 (6 Cores, 12 Threads, 3.33GHz)
(18GB RAM)

I have no idea why this is happening at the Minecraft, other games/programs which has higher affect on performance, "doesn't freezes voicemeeter".
I know the minecraft is badly optimalized game, it runs java and if I say it correctly, it only runs on one thread - maybe runs on the same thread as voicemeeter? After game starts and I started playing, voicemeeter works normally.. The problem only occurs when the minecraft is loading.

It's not a bug you can't live with, but it's annoying, especially when I've push to talk through a voicemeeter and midi footswitch.

I will be happy for any advice or help. If you need additional information about the system, write it down, I'll be happy to provide it.

My english is not good, sorry for that. I'm czech.