Low Mic Volume

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
MetaSoc

Low Mic Volume

Post by MetaSoc »

Hi, I'm fairly new here and have a problem with setting up my Voicemeeter Banana. :(

I have it downloaded because am recording a lil bit some R6 Siege footages and had to split my Discord and In-Game audio. With that I didn't have problems and am using it nicely for a long time now. But a month ago I was given new headphones- SPC Gear Viro Plus. They have external USB Sound Card. Everythings cool, but the mic is HORRIBLY quiet. In headphones app there is nothing I can do to boost it, neither in Control Panel. So I came with an idea to connect my mic with VoiceMeeter Banana, so there I can boost it like 5db or so.

Okay, sr, long story short- what I gotta do to set up my USB mic in Voicemeeter Banana? What to enable in control pannel etc etc.

Thanks in advance, feel free to ask me for any more info.
EdK

Re: Low Mic Volume

Post by EdK »

Check this thread. Maybe it will help.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1371&sid=4768ba3eb9 ... dc1e51961c
MetaSoc

Post by MetaSoc »

EdK wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:16 pm Check this thread. Maybe it will help.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1371&sid=4768ba3eb9 ... dc1e51961c
Thank you so much for your answer.

The thing is- the audio is good and loud etc from my speakers, but the microphone is really quiet and I'd like to connect it with VB Banana so to boost it.
EdK

Post by EdK »

Just guessing, but make sure you go through the playback and recording tabs for every device and set to 100% because ultimately Windows sees all connected hardware first before it gets to Banana
MetaSoc

Post by MetaSoc »

EdK wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:51 pm Just guessing, but make sure you go through the playback and recording tabs for every device and set to 100% because ultimately Windows sees all connected hardware first before it gets to Banana
Well, there is no way changing PC volume level will increase my Mic volume, i'm just simply asking how to connect my Mic so it comes through VM Banana before coming into other players speakers and OBS
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. Typically Windows will provide a gain control for recording devices in the Levels tab of the Properties window in the Sound control panel, similar to this:
microphone gain.png
microphone gain.png (5.35 KiB) Viewed 20386 times
To connect a microphone to Voicemeeter you can use a Hardware Input. Clck for example over Hardware Input 1 and choose the desired device. You typically have 2 options: WDM and MME. WDM is newer so try that first. Use the Gain Slider to add some gain to the level of the microphone. Similar to this:
Microphone Selection + Gain.png
Microphone Selection + Gain.png (168.98 KiB) Viewed 20386 times
Turn on the ►B button on the selected Hardware Input to send the microphone audio to the Voicemeeter Output. Select Voicemeeter Output as your microphone on the desired application.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
MetaSoc

Post by MetaSoc »

Andres wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:18 am Hi. Typically Windows will provide a gain control for recording devices in the Levels tab of the Properties window in the Sound control panel, similar to this:
microphone gain.png
To connect a microphone to Voicemeeter you can use a Hardware Input. Clck for example over Hardware Input 1 and choose the desired device. You typically have 2 options: WDM and MME. WDM is newer so try that first. Use the Gain Slider to add some gain to the level of the microphone. Similar to this:
Microphone Selection + Gain.png
Turn on the ►B button on the selected Hardware Input to send the microphone audio to the Voicemeeter Output. Select Voicemeeter Output as your microphone on the desired application.
Please let us know if you need further assistance.
Thank you so much! My question is- if in VM Banana I have my normal audio (which in this example is a game) set to A1 and B1, and VM Aux (which is discord and music for example) set to A1 and B2, then am I supposed to set my mic (Hardware Input) to B1 only? Will it then be somehow recorded to my track in OBS as this "game" track or will I hear my voice as a playback all the time? Sorry, can't explain. I'm attaching my VM Banana Screenshot.

Thank you so much for your reply
VM Banana.png
VM Banana.png (134.9 KiB) Viewed 20384 times
MetaSoc

Post by MetaSoc »

Ok, nevermind, with VM Banana my boosted by 10db Mic sounds shitty and has a lot of background noise. Better to be quieter than have a lot of noises. Is there an option to make it louder without catching up noises?