Tascam 2x2 Freezing with Voicemeeter Potato

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
u725336

Tascam 2x2 Freezing with Voicemeeter Potato

Post by u725336 »

Hello all,

We are having a weird issue where our Tascam 2x2 will randomly freeze after an uncertain amount of hours and it will cause voicemeeter to also freeze and the only way to fix the problem is to reseat the Tascam from the PC and power source and restart Voicemeeter. We are using the Tascam ASIO drivers to bring in the two audio feeds as separate inputs and then send them out via Virtual cables to be used as microphone inputs in OBS and Zoom. We have had this freeze and crash occur about 3 times now and at different intervals, once at 3 hours once at 7 and once at 5. We can't find any reason that it is freezing when we are using Voicemeeter, we didn't see this issue when we were using the Tascam ASIO directly with OBS. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas. Here are screenshots of our setup:
voicemeeter pic.jpg
voicemeeter pic.jpg (239.21 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
voicemeeter settings.png
voicemeeter settings.png (235.65 KiB) Viewed 2143 times
Any help will be appreciated
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Tascam 2x2 Freezing with Voicemeeter Potato

Post by Vincent Burel »

Seems the two pictures are not in strict correlation: we see 5 physical output devices selected on the first, 4 on the system settings dialog box.
REM: You must avoid to select Voicemeeter input as output A3 (not expected to be possible)... are you under Windows 20H2 ?
u725336

Post by u725336 »

Apologies, that was a mistake on my part. The second screenshot of the settings was old and was before I updated the A3 output to be the Cable A output.
Below is the updated screenshot of the settings.
voicemeeter settings 2.JPG
voicemeeter settings 2.JPG (89.81 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
I am running Windows 1909 Build 18363
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, i don't see any reason related to Voicemeeter. Maybe have to search around your USB connection, power option or anything that could disconnect your USB device after some hours...