Voicemeeter not detecting audio from new USB Interface

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
ESPeclipse

Voicemeeter not detecting audio from new USB Interface

Post by ESPeclipse »

Hi folks, hopefully someone can help. I have been using Voicemeeter with my old Presonus Audiobox USB interface since the beginning of the pandemic in order to continue my guitar teaching practice online. It has worked flawlessly. Recently, I upgraded my interface to a new Presonus Studio 24c. The 24c works fine in all other applications (Zoom, Skype, Google Meets, Pro Tools). However, when I try to select it as an audio source in either hardware input 1 or 2, it doesn't work. I get no sound and there indication of audio being detected. I made sure that I am using the correct Mic/line/inst input and not the virtual input. I have 48V engaged for my mic. I have tried using both WDM and MME. I have Voicemeeter selected as the audio device in sound and set as the default in the control panel. I have tried Please help as I am kinda stumped here.
Andres

Re: Voicemeeter not detecting audio from new USB Interface

Post by Andres »

Hi. Voicemeeter includes ASIO support which is typically used with USB audio interfaces. You may have a look at this tutorial: https://youtu.be/35N8hkOy8h4

Start by selecting the ASIO option for your interface at Hardware Output A1. Then use PATCH ASIO Inputs to Strips to connect the appropriate channel to the corresponding hardware input.
ASIO A1 - PATCH ASIO Inputs.png
ASIO A1 - PATCH ASIO Inputs.png (71.06 KiB) Viewed 4879 times
Please remember to - remove device selection - from the Hardware Input in which you want to connect the ASIO channels.

Please let us know your results. We will be happy to try to help you with your issue.
ESPeclipse

Re: Voicemeeter not detecting audio from new USB Interface

Post by ESPeclipse »

Andres,

Thank you so much! I had no idea I could route audio like that in Voicemeeter. You have no idea how much stress this takes off me. Teaching remotely is so much easier with Voicemeeter. I cannot thank you enough. Stay safe!

Chris