Voicemeeter banana + COD MW error

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
lucasamora

Voicemeeter banana + COD MW error

Post by lucasamora »

Hi! I've been using voicemeeter banana for a few years now, and everything is great. For my PC, i just dont compress any sound (use voicemeeter VAIO), but for my FPS Games (PUBG and COD MW) I set up the cable output (vb-audio virtual) to compress the sound a little with. For PUBG it works fine, but for COD, everytime I launch the game, I have to go to sound advanced settings in windows, select COD to be in voicemeeter VAIO and then re-select to cable output vb audio virtual so it can work on compressed track. Sorry if my post is confusing, but basically I have to manually force COD to compressed track everytime I open the game. Image attached with more details.
Attachments
voicemeeter.png
voicemeeter.png (222.44 KiB) Viewed 5343 times
Andres

Re: Voicemeeter banana + COD MW error

Post by Andres »

Hi. This issue is not related to any VoiceMeeter or VB-CABLE functionality. Windows App volume and device preferences correctly store the previously selected device but the application will not use it. The preferred device is stored in the Windows registry so it will persist after restarting Windows.

One example taken from my setup: Microsoft Edge will use Windows default output device (VoiceMeeter Input) on application startup despite the preferred device is different in App volume and device preferences (Speakers (M-Audio)):
App volume and device preferences - Edge.png
App volume and device preferences - Edge.png (212.49 KiB) Viewed 5336 times

Eventually Edge will switch to the preferred device (for example reloading the web page).

Hope this helps. Please let us know your commnents.
lucasamora

Post by lucasamora »

Andres wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:13 am Hi. This issue is not related to any VoiceMeeter or VB-CABLE functionality. Windows App volume and device preferences correctly store the previously selected device but the application will not use it. The preferred device is stored in the Windows registry so it will persist after restarting Windows.

One example taken from my setup: Microsoft Edge will use Windows default output device (VoiceMeeter Input) on application startup despite the preferred device is different in App volume and device preferences (Speakers (M-Audio)):App volume and device preferences - Edge.png

Eventually Edge will switch to the preferred device (for example reloading the web page).

Hope this helps. Please let us know your commnents.
Hello! Yeah it helps, but still need to understand if there's any way to make it work once for all. Why some games startup with audio using compressed track, and others don't? That's what is annoying me.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

well, this is part of Windows parameters, we have no action on this.

So maybe the question is more for Microsoft:
how to keep the selected device selection in the Windows Devices Preferences?

Apparently there is several discussions about that: search on google
App volume and device preferences not saving after reboot?

To be sure about app audio routing to wanted device, you may see if this option is not present in the application itself directly... maybe more secure...
lucasamora

Post by lucasamora »

Vincent Burel wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:54 pm well, this is part of Windows parameters, we have no action on this.

So maybe the question is more for Microsoft:
how to keep the selected device selection in the Windows Devices Preferences?

Apparently there is several discussions about that: search on google
App volume and device preferences not saving after reboot?

To be sure about app audio routing to wanted device, you may see if this option is not present in the application itself directly... maybe more secure...
Understood! Thanks!