Soundproblems with Voicemeeter when I move my headset

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
xGamerG1rl

Soundproblems with Voicemeeter when I move my headset

Post by xGamerG1rl »

Hey there,

I've been looking in this forum for quite some time now and I can't find a solution.
When I'm connecting my headset via USB, the sound is perfect and crystal clear. But after some time, it starts to break when I move my headset... it's like a mercury switch in my headset :D
I need to restart the Audio-engine (sometimes only one time, sometimes more) until I get back to my normal sound.
Sometimes it also just happens when I'm sitting still and watching youtube videos...

As you can hear here: https://soundcloud.com/user-764086031/o ... BPTXUUfh3x
(I've recorded the error and resetted it (thats the silence))
I've tried uninstalling everything, reboot, install everything new as in the forum-post explained... :/ But I still get this error...
Andres

Re: Soundproblems with Voicemeeter when I move my headset

Post by Andres »

Hi. Is it possible that you describe what option (WDM or MME) are you currently using with your USB headset? Maybe you can share a Voicemeeter System Settings / Options... window?
xGamerG1rl

Post by xGamerG1rl »

sure :)
This is my Settings-Window:
I've changed the A1 Output (Headset) from WDM to MME. Maybe this would help.
Every Inputsource is running about WDM. (Cause I don't really get the different between WDM and MME....

EDIT: Changed it back. Got a massiv Delay in Audio :/
Andres

Post by Andres »

Hi. By default VoiceMeeter uses a smaller buffer size (512 audio samples) when choosing the WDM option whereas it uses a 1024 samples buffer when you choose MME. It also uses Exclusive Mode for output devices which reduces the delay by sending audio directly to your device bypassing some Windows audio components. Those options explain the increased delay you get when choosing MME.

Some small adjustments you can try without increasing audio delay (also known as latency):
  • Set Preferred Main SampleRate to 48000 Hz
  • Try to select the KS option at Hardware Input 3,4 and 5
Maybe you can test your setup with these settings in place and let us know your results.

Hope this helps.
xGamerG1rl

Post by xGamerG1rl »

Much thanks for your help. I've set the rates now on the following settings. Hope it helps. I'll test and report back :)
Andres wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:15 am Hi. By default VoiceMeeter uses a smaller buffer size (512 audio samples) when choosing the WDM option whereas it uses a 1024 samples buffer when you choose MME. It also uses Exclusive Mode for output devices which reduces the delay by sending audio directly to your device bypassing some Windows audio components. Those options explain the increased delay you get when choosing MME.

Some small adjustments you can try without increasing audio delay (also known as latency):
  • Set Preferred Main SampleRate to 48000 Hz
  • Try to select the KS option at Hardware Input 3,4 and 5
Maybe you can test your setup with these settings in place and let us know your results.

Hope this helps.
xGamerG1rl

Post by xGamerG1rl »

It's not getting better with this settings :/
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

Try to swap your A1 and A2 devices. VM uses the A1 device as its primary source of functionality, and it's quite possible that the USB audio device you are using for A1 is not entirely reliable.

Set A1 to be the realtek lautsprecher, and A2 the 5- USB lautsprecher. Let us know how you go.
xGamerG1rl

Post by xGamerG1rl »

It didn't got any better... Still got the soundproblems with A1 and A2 switched :/ Any other ideas ?
xGamerG1rl

Post by xGamerG1rl »

okay. I think I got the Problem solved.
I was either my USB Hubor my broken USB Headset ^^
Thanks for your help guys <3
//closed