Trouble with DMX and Macro Buttons

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Tiako be

Trouble with DMX and Macro Buttons

Post by Tiako be »

Hello,
I have 2 Enttec DMX USB PRO and cannot make them work with Macro Buttons. When I select the port corresponding to the device in the DMX configuration menu, the box starts flashing rapidly as soon as I check the ON until the software closes.
Thank you for your help. :shock:
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with DMX and Macro Buttons

Post by Vincent Burel »

we have ordered the same device to fix this problem...
but it seems there is basically 2 kind of model and we are compatible with one only...

The Enttec Open DMX USB works as a simple serial port and we just have to send the DMX frame every 50 or 70ms
(but if the frame is not sent in this time laps, all lights go OFF)

Your model is taking in charge the periodic DMX Frame broadcast (independently from the computer activity) this is more secure,
but it seems the serial behavior is not the same from the computer point of view...

So, if you have any information about the serial communication protocol with your device, feel free to let us know.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok, we got the USB DMX512 Pro (MK2) and it appears as serial interface under Windows (after having installed specific driver ...strange...).

So we lost the day on this device that cannot work as simple DMX serial interface, receiving usual DMX512 frame. It implements a specific protocol with a 4 BYTE header and we have not found any clear specification document about how to send our DMX512 frame to this device. The source code example called PRO_EXAMPLE using ftd2xx.lib did not help us and we cannot link to a third party library to manage a simple serial device.

Unless you have more information/technical contact with Enttec, i recommend to use the Open DMX USB device instead...
Tiako be

Post by Tiako be »

OK thnk you. I'll buy the Open DMX so.