MIDI Mapping with Feedback

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

MIDI Mapping with Feedback

Post by Vincent Burel »

With the Voicemeeter MARCH 2021 version comes new MIDI functions, especially the feedback to update your MIDI controller state when acting on Voicemeeter slider/knobs.

MIDI mapping allows to assign a MIDI Control to a specific parameter of Voicemeter (Slider Gain, Mute button etc...).
When you have learn a MIDI Control, this Control can change the related parameter on Voicemeeter.
But if you change this parameter on Voicemeeter by the mouse for example, your MIDI Controller is not updater/refreshed.

That's why the MIDI mapping implements Feedback functions:

the 'F' button allows activating the Feedback for a specific control.
if you click twice you will activate the double feedback "FF" usefull for MIDI control needing to change their state (like a MUTE button wilth LED for example).
Attachments
MIDIMappingFFExplained.jpg
MIDIMappingFFExplained.jpg (205.03 KiB) Viewed 15540 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Behring X-Touch Compact

Post by Vincent Burel »

As Nearly perfect MIDI Controller with motorized fader, the Behring X-Touch Compact is very clever.

The 2x Layer A & B allows having finally 2x different Controller Surfaces, since all controls have different MIDI Code on layer B than on Layer A
Then you can use the layer A for input strips control and the layer B for the Master Section of Voicemeeter Potato for example.

The problem is that this controller does not take in account MIDI feedback related to layer A when having selected Layer B and vice versa.
There is 2x MIDI Refresh function in the MIDI Mapping to force the update but the 2x button A/B Layer are not sending any MIDI Code.

Maybe Behringer could update the firmware to change this or that ?
Attachments
XTouchC-large.jpg
XTouchC-large.jpg (72.75 KiB) Viewed 15539 times
bassaddict

Re: MIDI Mapping with Feedback

Post by bassaddict »

This is not a very useful reply, but just thought I'd mention that the A/B buttons on my X-touch mini do send control codes (CC9 & CC10). I checked in the editor software while I was fiddling, but didn't see a way to change them.

...I wish the one fader on mine was motorised!
Marlow

Post by Marlow »

Hi,

what sort of midi naming are the faders on the X-touch set to ?

The reason, I'm asking, is that on the iCON Platform M+, the faders are set to PB (Pitchbend) and my iCON does not seem to respond on what's coming back.

/M
Marlow

Post by Marlow »

Nevermind. I have just confirmed with the distributor, that the fader feedback on the iCON platform units is disabled, when the unit is in MIDI modus.

Additionally, it would be nice, if MIDI feedback also could be triggered for Voicemeeter.Remote Macro Buttons. (FF). It's a function that is useful for the "record" button.

Oh and FF feedback for the play, record, rewind, forward wind and stop buttons ?

/M