Auto Restart Audio Engine for all devices

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
veron

Auto Restart Audio Engine for all devices

Post by veron »

Hello.
The "AUTO RESTART AUDIO ENGINE" function unfortunately works only on the A1 device. Can you add A2 to this function?
I can't install a monitor on A1, and the main sound on A2, because the main sound will stop working on the second monitor after switching.
I need to do so that A1 worked on all devices, A2 only on the first monitor. For correct operation, there is not enough automatic restart of the device A2. In this case, when I switch the second monitor to the first one, then I will not need to press the "Restart Audio Engine" button each time (again and again) in the context menu of the icon in the system tray.

Regards.
veron

Re: Auto Restart Audio Engine for all devices

Post by veron »

I really hope that this opportunity will appear in the nearest new versions. Very much waiting.
1.png
1.png (44.9 KiB) Viewed 13280 times
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

this will certainly be the next step... will see how the detection works and possibly add another option for individual point (A2, A3, IN#1 etc... ) or a global option ...
veron

Post by veron »

Are there any positive news and movement in this matter?

The sound is also disconnected when the monitor switches to sleep mode. To appear the sound, you must select "Restart Audio Engine" each time in the context menu.
Frankly, I use the program for a year and this problem has acquired a very strong negative and big nerves. Each time to restart into manual after switching between two monitors or when the monitor goes into sleep and wakes up it just becomes unbearable (facepalm).
Please, I beg, make an automatic restart Engine for these two actions.
veron

Post by veron »

In version 2.0.6.1, this feature is not implemented :(
The absence of this possibility I am very much overwhelms me, each time you reboot the engine is unbearably. I very often use the switching between two displays (Win+P) and the automatic restart is very necessary and important.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

it's a shame you did not remind us on this subject in October during the Voicemeeter update program...

i note it for next update: an option in the menu:
Auto Restart Audio Engine (ALL Device).
lonbluster

Post by lonbluster »

is there a midi command/mapping to do that?
in my case i think removing and reconnecting a usb shouldn t require login in the pc
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Command.Restart = 1;
veron

Post by veron »

Vincent Burel wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:21 pmi note it for next update: an option in the menu:
Auto Restart Audio Engine (ALL Device).
This feature appeared in 2.0.6.2 and I am very happy about it, thank you very much. But I noticed that this feature has a small problem that I hope you can fix. The problem is that when the device is disabled, the "AUTO RESTART AUDIO ENGINE (All Device) function" works infinitely in attempts to restore the sound on the second device disabled and because of this, when playing any sound on the first device, it is interrupted for a second and repeats Infinitely after a short period of time. I ask you to add to this function to restrict the number of attempts (1 or 2) restore the device operation after disconnection.

I will try to explain again:
On "A1" I have an additional sound card Creative X-FI.
The "A2" is connected to the monitor which has built-in speakers Realtek HD from the motherboard.

The second port of the video card is connected to the TV and when I switch the image from the monitor to the TV, then the monitor is turned off and with it the built-in speakers (this is normal), the RESTART ALL DEVICE function tries to restore the device, but if the sound is played (music, film, speech ), it begins to stutter/interrupt, because attempts to restore the operation of A2 of the device at this moment.

I hope I managed to convey the right thoughts :oops: . Sorry for my English, i use Google Translate.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

This AUTO RESTART function is made to restart audio engine in case of UNEXPECTED device disconnection.

and for the moment we have no process to detect audio device re-connection or device re-enabled.