Potato 64 bit cable installation procedure?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
xcasxcursex

Potato 64 bit cable installation procedure?

Post by xcasxcursex »

Hi, VB team!

My question is in the last line if you are in a rush :)

Some time ago, you added a 64 bit version of VoiceMeeter Potato. When I run the installer downloaded from the VB website, it does install this 64 bit version of VM, but by default it only seems to use the 32bit version. The 32 bit version works fine but when I heard the 64bit build had been added I decided to test it out. Everything works great, no different to 32 bit as far as I can tell, so I've been using it ever since. I just edited the shortcuts and added the 'x64' at the end.

However, I notice that among the files in the VM-Audio directory, there are not only the 64bit Voicemeeter exe, but also 64-bit cable installers. This has made me curious, perhaps I should be using a different installation procedure, to use these 64 bit drivers? Perhaps they are used already (auto detected bitness?) Perhaps they will not work becaue there is no 64 bit cable control panel exes?

I may need to re-install Potato soon, so I thought I would ask - Is there a proper method to use 64-bit potato, and 64-bit cables? I would like to try it out!

Thanks!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Potato 64 bit cable installation procedure?

Post by Vincent Burel »

yes, the potato64bits shortcut will be create on next installation package.
Setup_x64 app for VAIOs are present since the beginning and are used by the Voicemeeter setup program to install VB-CABLE-VAIOs on 64bit O/S
(you must not use them directly).

VBCABLE_Control_panel app is 32bit only because it can comunicate with any version (32 or 64 bits) of the related driver.
xcasxcursex

Re: Potato 64 bit cable installation procedure?

Post by xcasxcursex »

So it is all automatic, wonderful :)
Thanks for your advice.