Can Voicemeeter control two outputs (speakers)?

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
jonbondy

Can Voicemeeter control two outputs (speakers)?

Post by jonbondy »

I am running Voicemeeter 1.0.7.4 on a Windows 10 64 bit system. I set the A1 output to one speaker system and the A2 output to another speaker system. The fader for A1 controls the volume level for both speaker systems; the fader for A2 does nothing. I can turn either speaker system off by detaching A1 or A2, but I cannot control the volume levels independently. Am I missing something?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Can Voicemeeter control two outputs (speakers)?

Post by Vincent Burel »

no, it's all what Voicemeeter standard can do.
if you need full independent BUS for 2 or 3 audio device, you may use Voicemeter Banana.
jonbondy

Post by jonbondy »

I tried Voicemeeter Banana, but it behaves worse than Standard. With Standard, I can hear output on two speaker systems; with Banana, I can only hear it on one.

This is OK for my purposes (sending audio to two devices), even if the faders do not work.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

what do you mean by "it behaves worse than Standard" ?
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

jonbondy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:07 am I tried Voicemeeter Banana, but it behaves worse than Standard. With Standard, I can hear output on two speaker systems; with Banana, I can only hear it on one.
This definitely works normally. There might be some kind of configuration issue - if you'd like to have your desired setup (outputting to two different devices with separate volume control to each) you can have it with VM banana, perhaps try it and if there is an issue, let us know, share screenshots of your configuration, and we can figure out what's wrong.
jonbondy wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:07 am This is OK for my purposes (sending audio to two devices), even if the faders do not work.
The faders work but they aren't quite the thing you are expecting. The fader on the left controls the volume output to the A1 device, the fader on the right is not for the A2 device, it is for the virtual cable output.