[SOLVED] How to change SR on specific physical input? [VM:Banana]

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
frenchiveruti

[SOLVED] How to change SR on specific physical input? [VM:Banana]

Post by frenchiveruti »

:mrgreen: Hello, I have this settings window, but I can't change the highlighted values' sample rate and specially bit depth.
Image.

I want them to be the same as the Windows settings:

To test for discord app crackling.

How can I achieve this? Do I have to restart the computer or there's something else I should do first?

Thanks
Last edited by frenchiveruti on Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andres

Re: How to change SR on specific physical input? [VM:Banana]

Post by Andres »

Hi. Format negotiation (Sample Rate, bit depth, channels) depends on the interface option selected (MME, WDM) and the preferredResolution value (stored in the Windows Registry). By default Voicemeeter Banana and Potato will use 24-bit depth and Standard will use 16-bit depth. See the last page of the Voicemeeter Banana User Manual: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Voicem ... Manual.pdf

Changing preferredResolution to 16 (10 in hexadecimal) will also change the resolution to other devices like WDM Hardware Out A1 for example, so take that in consideration.

Some users set the Default Format for the recording device used in Discord (for example Voicemeeter Aux Output, B2) to 24-bit/48000Hz to avoid crackling.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further help with this issue.
frenchiveruti

Re: How to change SR on specific physical input? [VM:Banana]

Post by frenchiveruti »

Andres wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:11 pm Hi. Format negotiation (Sample Rate, bit depth, channels) depends on the interface option selected (MME, WDM) and the preferredResolution value (stored in the Windows Registry). By default Voicemeeter Banana and Potato will use 24-bit depth and Standard will use 16-bit depth. See the last page of the Voicemeeter Banana User Manual: https://vb-audio.com/Voicemeeter/Voicem ... Manual.pdf

Changing preferredResolution to 16 (10 in hexadecimal) will also change the resolution to other devices like WDM Hardware Out A1 for example, so take that in consideration.

Some users set the Default Format for the recording device used in Discord (for example Voicemeeter Aux Output, B2) to 24-bit/48000Hz to avoid crackling.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further help with this issue.
Hi, I ended up following the instructions on some post of yours, to increase the sample rate of the Virtual Output, and it seems to be working alright!
Thanks. Solved.