Voicemeeter.Remote macro.buttons stopped working

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
IceStormers

Voicemeeter.Remote macro.buttons stopped working

Post by IceStormers »

Hi,

i run a few macrokeys on my keyboard and on my mouse to activate the voicemeeter buttons

if i click the remote macro.buttons they work fine, however the external macro keys randomly fail and requires closing and reopening of the macro.buttons for it to start working again

the mouse macro keys are on corsair icue software, my keyboard is on logitech ghub,
both stop at the same time, they stop working with ubisoft connect as the active window but i can just move to any other window and it starts working again

when it stops working randomly i can still open the ghub software and see that the macrokeys are showing as working its only the link to voicemeeter remote.buttons thats stopped working

any ideas?
KeiserSoze

Re: Voicemeeter.Remote macro.buttons stopped working

Post by KeiserSoze »

Have the similar question myself. "Exclusive key binding" in Macro Buttons (MB) was working when VoiceMeter (VM) was not focused.
Now when I don't have focus on VM dashboard or MB window any key binding set is not working. (Win10 Pro, latest updates)

Additionally have question: in tray on volume control, what device must be selected, does this has anything to do with described problem?
(tried all of outputs and not working with any)

KR,
K.
IceStormers

Post by IceStormers »

from what i can see the input and output on windows should not inpact the macro keys
however i have selected voicemeeter input as the output and voice meeter Aux output for the input

iv since bought a streamdeck which i now have setup to connect to voicemeeter as the macrokeys and that continues to work after the keyboard and mouse keys have stopped working, the downside is that you cant select the voicemeeter window and use the streamdeck as for some reason it blanks out :/

though that should really not be needed to be looked at anyway, streamdeck has a plugin for voicemeeter so its direct
MartyATS

Post by MartyATS »

The problem may be less complex. Ever since installing Banana /Potato on two of my Windows 10 machines, which are different makes /models /years /windows builds, the mouse buttons do not work when rebooting.

Sometimes I can wait for the boot to fully finish, other times I have to pull the mouse's USB plug and reinsert it several times.
It is a huge annoyance and one I've asked about since January.

If I uninstall the program, the mouse buttons work normally. When I reinstall it, the symptom returns.
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

This is this thread again: https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.ph ... ef03#p5085

Some apps can steal the keyboard inputs from the macro buttons app, but it doesn't do it to the 'hooked' keys.
MartyATS

Post by MartyATS »

Please note that the issue I'm reporting has nothing to do with hotkeys, shortcut keys, or macros. It's basic Left/Right mouse button functioning.
I should note that I'm using a Kensington Expert Mouse.
xcasxcursex

Post by xcasxcursex »

Thanks Marty but your issue is unrelated to this one.