Banana: massive Audio Quality problems

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
number7

Banana: massive Audio Quality problems

Post by number7 »

Even after the last update the audio transmission from Voicemeeter Banana sometimes is extremely bad. The sound is so disturbed that almost nothing can be understood any more. The problem can be solved with "Restart Audio Engine". However, this is not an option to really work professionally with Voicemeeter. Even in simple daily use, this is extremely annoying. I haven't had the problem with Voicemeeter 1.0.7.8, but the version is not sufficient.
The problem also occurs on a second computer, so it must be known.
Is it possible to fix the problem or is it a bug in the software?
Are the developers aware of that?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Banana: massive Audio Quality problems

Post by Vincent Burel »

Voicemeeter is expected to work perfectly 24/7 ... if it's not the case, it mens there is a problem.
we can solve the problem , only if you give enough information.

so you may first read usual recommendations there:
https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=451

if it does not help, you may start by posting a screenshot of Voicemeeter and its system settings dialog box (full size).
number7

Post by number7 »

Thank you for that information.
I am a little at a loss. Banana works for hours and days without any problems and suddenly the sound is completely disturbed. A restart fixes the problem and it can work again for days. I don't change any settings at all.
number7

Post by number7 »

Hello,

also this problem still exist with different installations. It is always the same, Banana runs for hours and suddenly it is completely distrubed.
I do a "Restart Audio Engine" and it works again. The problem seems to be Banana.
Which information should I post for that?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

it could mean you have not an optimal configuration, so you may post screenshot of
- Voicemeeter graphic user interface
- Voicemeeter system settings dialog box
number7

Post by number7 »

Hello,
the main problem is the connection to OBS. I did it with VB-Audio HiFi-Cable. All setting seem ok but I get signal drops and a slight slowdown of speech. If I record with the VB recorder it is ok.

And also still having the problem that Banana is completely disturbed and I need to "restart audio engine".
Attachments
OBS_Settings1.jpg
OBS_Settings1.jpg (156.64 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
VB_GUI.jpg
VB_GUI.jpg (249.29 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
Screenshot_Banana.jpg
Screenshot_Banana.jpg (93.65 KiB) Viewed 9779 times
number7

Post by number7 »

Hello,
does anyone have any idea what the problem with OBS can be. Professional operation with voicemeeter is simply not possible.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

instead of using the HIFI Cable you may connect OBS to Voicemeeter virtual output directly (through BUS B1 or B2)
Windows audio is not stable by design, so one way to fixe it is to simplify the signal path and use more direct connection if possible.