Banana marvels and hangs

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
lonbluster

Banana marvels and hangs

Post by lonbluster »

Hi,
I am quite satisfied with Voicemeeter Banana as an ASIO4all replacement if it wasn't for a few minor issues.
configBanana.jpg
configBanana.jpg (194.8 KiB) Viewed 4808 times
1.The main issue is that when I reboot the pc and then start Ableton the sound is low and distorted. I have found a workaround, which is to Shutdown Banana, then select the main audio output in Ableton (same as Voicemeeter A1), then immediately select Voicemeteer again and start Banana. Then it will be stable till the next reboot.
2.The second issue is that Input 2 and 3 will stop responding, so I just need to Restart Audio Engine. Autorestart don't seem to help here.
3.It wasn't easy to understand the VM audio routing initially, and I am satisfied with the Composite B1 now, but I couldn't have the Insert setup to work in Ableton. What's the advantage over Composite?
4.And I still don't get what is the 8x8 matrix relating to this.
5.And I don't understand what are the 2 squares in Patch Asio Inputs to Strips. In the picture you see I choose 1 and 2, but I don't know what difference it make if I had put both squares 1 and 1, or 2 and 2. Left and Right maybe?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Banana marvels and hangs

Post by Vincent Burel »

you may first consider to de-install this version correctly and install latest version 2.0.5.8.
see update procedure: https://forum.vb-audio.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=87

8x8 gain matrix is usually not necessary

Then you may watch this video tutorial about how to manage ASIO driver correctly with Voicemeeter Banana:
https://youtu.be/35N8hkOy8h4

then we will talk about how you may connect Ableton to Voicemeeter according your wanted workflow.
lonbluster

Post by lonbluster »

I updated but didn't work with the previous config, then I changed the order of Inputs (KS driver on In#2, WDM on In#3) and put Ableton link in Startup folder, and WORKS right away after login !! :D :P ;) :mrgreen:
..for now!

configBanana08.jpg
configBanana08.jpg (220.61 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
lonbluster

Post by lonbluster »

Now I keep having the inputs 2 or 3 that go disconnected and red.
The Restart Audio Engine fixes, but it is happening way too often. And automatic Audio engine restart won't help.
More updates?