Voicemeeter (and Banana) do not work in Virtual Machine

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
gork

Voicemeeter (and Banana) do not work in Virtual Machine

Post by gork »

I am having an odd problem. I have Voicemeeter Banana installed in a virtual machine. It is a Windows 8.1 VM running on Parallels Desktop 10 on a Macbook Pro. In this configuration the system can be booted as a virtual machine, and also can be booted as the native OS (not a VM). Everything works properly when booted natively, however some things are not working properly when running inside a virtual machine.

In the VM, the audio IO with "real" hardware works fine. The "A" busses work properly. I can connect a hardware input to a hardware output just fine. However, when playing sound into the VAIO or VAIO AUX devices, I see the level indicators in the windows audio control panel operating, but the meters in Voicemeeter show no input. Likewise, if I connect the Hardware input 1 to B1 or B2 the audio meters inside of Voicemeeter indicate output, but it is not passed through to a program recording on the VAIO or VAIO AUX device. I have tried opening the virtual devices as ASIO, WDM, KS, and MME and there is no difference in behavior.

If I boot windows natively (not running as a VM) everything works as expected in the same installation. audio from the VAIO and VAIO AUX devices pass into and out of the Voicemeeter console exactly as they are supposed to.
gork

Re: Voicemeeter (and Banana) do not work in Virtual Machine

Post by gork »

This problem must be more nuanced than I originally thought. The virtual devices are now working fine. I will do my best to find some way to reproduce or differentiate the issue.