Setup Help Please...

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
TheJester1977

Setup Help Please...

Post by TheJester1977 »

Hi folks. I am attempting to use VoiceMeeter Banana to resolve a long standing issue in my organization - meld the audio from MS Lync and from dial in conference bridge. I am using both Google Hangouts audio and our in-house developed VOIP application for testing the conference bridge audio - which is where I think I am messing up. My current VM-B setup and app setup looks like this:

VM-B
Hardware Out A1: USB Audio Device
Hardware Input 1: USB Audio Device
A2, A3, B1, B2 buttons clicked "On"
Hardware Input 3: Cable Output
A1, A2, B1 buttons clicked "On"
VAIO
A1, A2, A3, B2 buttons clicked "On"
VM-B Aux
A2, A3, B1 buttons clicked "On"
MS Lync
Microphone: VM-B Aux Output
Speaker: Cable Input
Hangouts/VOIP
Microphone: VM-B Aux Output
Speaker: VM-B Aux Input

I get audio too/from Lync just fine. I get audio from Hangouts/VOIP just fine. But, no matter the tweaking I do to microphone levels in the O/S and/or within VM-B, I either get no audio out to the bridge when I talk, or I get a horrible echo, or I get the echo and a high-pitched feedback noise. I REALLY want to get this to work, but also want to learn. I've tried various combinations of things to resolve this issue... but at this point, I think I'm just going in circles... what am I doing wrong here?

Thank you!!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Setup Help Please...

Post by Vincent Burel »

Well, it's just a question of organization i guess, and number of application (softphone) connected on...

if i understand well, you want to connect 3x Applications and keep the Mix-Minus capabilities.
(1) MS-LYNC
(2) GOOGLE Hangout
(3) YOUR VOIP APP

but there is only 2 virtual I/O on Voicemeeter Banana, so you need to use Physical I/O, for example IN#3 and BUS A3 to connect you third Application. To do so you need to install 2x VB-CABLE's and use for example CABLE A to connect the VOIP output to Physical input 3, and CABLE B to connect the VOIP input to BUS A3. (download cables A & B : http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Ca ... Cables.htm)

In term of BUS Routing, each strip must be routed to ALL Busses but one (to avoid loopback in VOIP app)
your MIC can be routed to every BUS (but the monitor if you don't want to hear yourself).

I don't know if there is a video tutorial with 3 softphone connected to Voicemeeter but you can watch theses ones for example:

How to use Voicemeeter Pro to connect a Skype call with a Hangout On Air
https://youtu.be/EfRylYlNd1c

Voicemeeter and 2x Skype caller
https://youtu.be/8cpvmMUwvgM

Hope it helps.
VB
TheJester1977

Post by TheJester1977 »

Hi Vincent, thanks for the reply! My apologies, I wasn't meaning I was using Google Voice and our VOIP application at the same time. Rather, I was trying to say I had tried both independently. :)

I got all the audio to blend incoming, but am having major issues getting audio back out to my VOIP and/or G.V. callers (independently). My setup is as follows:

VM-B:

Lync:

VOIP:

The issue I'm having is with feedback and echo. I have played with volume controls and such but I can't get rid of the echo that comes of my home phone/conference call as I'm testing. Too much volume, I get horrible feedback. Less than feedback yields echo. Too low to remove echo, my callers can't hear me.

Thanks!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

ok,

1- your VOIP application should use the CABLE-A input as playback device (not the same cable input than LYNC)

2- LYNC gets audio from Voicemeeter AUX output = B2, so your LYNC Strip on voicemeeter should not be routed to B2 (switch off B2 on pysical input 3) otherwise the LYNC caller will loop back to LYNC again and could hear an echo

3- Your VOIP App gets audio from Voicemeeter output = B1, so youR VOIP Strip on voicemeeter should not be routed to B1 (switch off B1 on pysical input 2) otherwise the VOIP caller will loop back to VOIP again and could hear an echo

hope it helps.

note the user manual might also help , by describing different Use Case;
http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Vo ... Manual.pdf
TheJester1977

Post by TheJester1977 »

Hello Vincent, long time. So, the good new is I got this to sort-of work. The "sort of" revolves around echo. When I setup as yu describe above, my folks on VOIP and Lync can only hear each other when they also hear themselves echo in their own headset. I have tried about every button combination I can think of. Maybe I'm missing a setting?

I have my VoiceMEeter configured as such:

I have my Lync configured like this:

I have my VOIP configured like this:

Thanks a bunch Vincent!!
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

well, as far I see, i can make some remarks:

- You have selected only one physical output device, used by BUS A1
so routing strip to A2 or A3 has no effect (and is useless) except if using A2 or A3 BUS for recording (with the integrated recorder)...

- LYNC and VOIP apps are using both the same Voicemeeter output (the one fed by BUS B1) as microphone, it should be better to use for example the Voicemeeter output for LYNC microphone, and Voicemeeter AUX (fed by B2) for the VOIP application, then you will be able to send the LYNC talker to VOIP application (BUS B2) and route the VOIP talker to Lync (BUS B1).

hope it helps...