Feature Request

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
Porthos

Feature Request

Post by Porthos »

First I would like to complement you on a fantastic piece of software and only asking for donations speak a lot about the team.
I am really hoping a feature could added to the recording options.

Requested feature: Loop Recording mode

Loop Recording (when enabled) would be a never-ending recording process buffering the duration specified.
The recording would be continuous but only be able to save the Audio by the amount specified in the options.
I am wanting to use this in game play but don't want to record large amounts of audio when nothing happen.
I would be nice that when a hotkey is pressed the last 10 min (make this user specified) of audio is saved to a file.

Example; Duration set to 10 min, been play a game for over 40 min.. then something really cool happens. press the hotkey and the last 10 min of audio is saved to a file. Basically I would like to capture the last (user specified) 10 min. when the Hotkey is pressed.

Settings:
1) Specify a duration in minutes of the recording that would be captured and save to a file.
2) Hotkey to enable or disable (toggle) this option.
3) Hotkey to cause the saving of the Audio for the duration set.
4) File name would be same as current file naming format.
5) Provision to specify the temp area that will be use for the constant writing of audio data. Ie Ram Drive or SSD

Thanks
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your message,

this is what we could call the "Pre-Buffering" option.
and there is only one parameter to present to the user : the pre-record buffer time (from 1 second to 10 minutes max ?)

Basically the Recording workflow stays the same for user, but when he pushes REC button (or F8),
the audio file being recorded will start with the current pre-buffered audio signal.

Well this could be done if several users would show their needs of this option...
does someone ask or talk about this possible feature somewhere on a forum or blog ?
could you promote this pre-buffering option, somewhere ?
does it makes sense without video ?
Porthos

Post by Porthos »

The REC button (F8) would be find to enable the feature but I would still need a hotkey that says Save the file.
Just to be clear, the method used is whats called a "Circular buffer"

Where i would like to use: I have an nvidia gfx card and am using shadowplay which also uses a Circular buffer.
How it works is you set the time frame of video to be saved to a file then when you activate the hotkey the last (set time frame) 10 min is saved.
You asked about time 1-20 min in 1 min increments.

Im not one to go to other forums, blogs etc but I can donate $25 or maybe a bit more if that helps
>does someone ask or talk about this possible feature somewhere on a forum or blog? Don't know
>could you promote this pre-buffering option, somewhere ? What I can say is, Build it and they will come..
>does it makes sense without video ? it would be used in conjunction with the video of shadowplay, if both use the same hotkey then time-stamp would be same.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

A Single REC Button is enough. when pushing it, it generates the audio file with the predefined pre-buffering (1 min to 20 min). If you don't want to continue to record, you just have to STOP right after. ("circular buffer" is a method for programmers, not regarding users).

Well, for the moment you are alone to ask for this feature, and i'm not sure this pre-buffering option makes sens without video recording... anyway i'm going to think about... will see if other users ask for the same option in the next months...
Skirner

Post by Skirner »

I borrow this thread if it's ok.
I was thinking about a thing that could be very useful for game recording and/or casting.
Is it possible to make VoiceMeeter route different applications to a specified "soundcard" for example B1 or B2. As the regular Windows mixer has a "per app" volume levels.
This would be very useful to get rid of all the other sounds that came though the OS and even from other programs running in the background.
I don't know if it's possible, or if you think it's irrelevant for VoiceMeeter.
But as I see it, it would be an absolute killer feature.

I do everything I can to spread the word of your very outstanding VoiceMeeter/Banana. It surely is awesome piece of software!

//Skirner
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

Skirner wrote:Is it possible to make VoiceMeeter route different applications to a specified "soundcard" for example B1 or B2. As the regular Windows mixer has a "per app" volume levels.
you can do that with 2x application and Voicemeeter Banana that proposes 2 virtual inputs, so 2 different strip that can be routed to different BUS (output device). Then, with these 2 virtual inputs you can organize your different applications to playback in Voicemeeter virtual Input or virtual AUX input.
I do everything I can to spread the word of your very outstanding VoiceMeeter/Banana. It surely is awesome piece of software!
thanks alot for your enthusiasm !
Skirner

Post by Skirner »

Vincent Burel wrote: you can do that with 2x application and Voicemeeter Banana that proposes 2 virtual inputs, so 2 different strip that can be routed to different BUS (output device). Then, with these 2 virtual inputs you can organize your different applications to playback in Voicemeeter virtual Input or virtual AUX input.
I don't think I understand what you are saying. What should that 2x application be?
But what I'm trying to say is that with lot of games, the game can only use the "Windows Default Speaker" without options ingame to choose another device. And then all other sounds (system/im/browsers/etc) is forced thru Windows Default Speakers too. And is grabbed into the recording/stream as well.
That is why it would be superior to map a specific game/application to a set BUS.
Instead for just mute all other apps in the default Windows Volume control or Mixer, I don't know what it's called in Eng Windows.