Two Feature Requests

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
mjgraves

Two Feature Requests

Post by mjgraves »

1. Output labels

The ability to label the inputs make life simpler. A similar ability to label the outputs would be equally useful.

2. Separate the record & playback of files

I use the player capability to roll-in a pre-recorded sequence at the start of a show. I'd also like to use the recorder to record the show in it's entirety. It seems to me that these two functions are mutually exclusive at the moment. It would be great if the payer and recorder were separate.

Many thanks for a great piece of software!

Michael
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: Two Feature Requests

Post by Vincent Burel »

thanks for your request, i note them,
- to label outputs is limited by the space on graphic user interface...
- to have separate player/recorder workflow is also more a problem of graphic user interface... how to let the user manage both workflow ? I'm going to think about...
mjgraves

Post by mjgraves »

Agreed, the issues are GUI design more that functionality.

In the case of the player/recorder, perhaps a tabbed/layered approach would be good. The recording function is the kind of thing that I'd start then would not need to access for a time. Toggling between the player and recorder would not be an operational problem.

In the case of labeling the master faders, how about putting the labels into the faders themselves?. At present you display "Fader Gain" in the GUI widget. That's plenty of space for a user label. It would simply replace the default text. Right clicking over the very bottom of the fader could be the way to prompt for a user label.

What a great piece of software. I'm using it more and more.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

I'm going to see if i can make the master fader labeling...
but for the recorder / player, i'm more thinking about proposing additionnal application able to manage several sounds easily...