VoiceMeeter occasionally loses its mind

The Virtual Audio Mixer discussions and support...
mjgraves

VoiceMeeter occasionally loses its mind

Post by mjgraves »

I've had a few occasions where VoiceMeeter Banana suddenly loses it mind. To be more precise, it starts to pass garbled audio.

In both cases I think it was related to the host computer being momentarily busy. If found that a quick "Restart Audio Engine" remedies the problem.

Is there anything that I can do to generate logs or other info that might help define the trouble more specifically?

Thanks,

Michael
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Re: VoiceMeeter occasionally loses its mind

Post by Vincent Burel »

you are on Windows 10 ? you use latest version (2.0.2.3) ?
mjgraves

Post by mjgraves »

Yes, Windows 10 and the latest VoiceMeeter Banana.

I discovered the issue a couple of weeks ago while running VMB on the same computer as vMix & a Hangout. All audio via USB devices to/from VMB. Whenever I performed a video transition, even a simple cut, in vMix the VMB output stream would go all robotic sounding.

The next week I responded by splitting VMB onto another PC. I used VBAN to buss the audio bidirectionally between the PC running the audio devices and that one running vMix+Hangout.

The same sort of thing happened. It seemed to be related to the host PC becoming momentarily busy corrupting the audio in some way.
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

This problem appeared with this latest version (2.0.2.3) ? I mean you did not get this problem with previous versoin on WIN10 ?
mjgraves

Post by mjgraves »

I can't be certain. I first noticed the problem in late August.

The system suffered hard drive failure in early August. Until then it had been running Windows 7. I spent about a week getting it rebuilt and running a properly activated copy of Windows 10. That process was finished about Aug 17th. Which is when I installed whatever was the current beta.

I suppose that I can roll back on version and see if it happens again.

Michael
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

if you have time you can go back to previous version to see if there is a difference...
but we already have got several reports about stream stability problem under WIN10...
mjgraves

Post by mjgraves »

Does today's release of VB-Cable address the stream stability issue you mentioned here?
Vincent Burel
Site Admin

Post by Vincent Burel »

mjgraves wrote:Does today's release of VB-Cable address the stream stability issue you mentioned here?
not specifically, we are currently validating Voicemeeter on WIN10... will see...